Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hurray for the Queen


Last weekend, Saturday the 30th of April, was the Dutch QUEENSDAY.

The whole country celebrating dressed up in orange.
Amsterdam was mental.
Thankfully the trains were working well, so we actually made our way to the center and back extremely easily. The only trouble was with walking when being in Amsterdam. The streets were packed.


When we found our way to Museumplein and got a perfect spot to sit at on the grass - you could not get me out of there.
A huge praise to the Dutch portable toilets. Never in Finland have I been in such a clean and well taken care of one.

picture from Eveliina


The most important thing of our Queensday was our beloved Joking Hazard orange water toy that guided everyones way and kept the group together.
picture from Eveliina



During Queensday Amsterdam had many stages all around the city. Many different kinds of artists playing. As mentioned, I spent all my time at Museumplein. The only artist I actually got up to go see was Armin Van Buuren.


As a huge crowd surfing fan...you can guess what I did. And yeah, since when has AVB been crowd surfing music?
Jonas S. tried before me but unfortunately didn't make it too far by dropping just 2meters away from where we stood. I gave a go and found myself landing in the middle of random people far away from my own tribe. Having nothing with me, not seeing where my friends were and especially not seeing our Joking Hazard...panic! I asked some random cute guy standing next to me to lift me on his shoulders. Thank you, man, but unfortunately everyone looked orange. (next Queensday I'm gonna ask the people I'm with to dress up fully pink just so that we don't get lost)
After walking into direction unknown I bumped into Nate who tried to help me find my way. But no.
We rang my phone. But no.

THEN
Out of nowhere the stick arose! THE JOKING HAZARD SAVED MY LIFE!
After I heard that the joking hazard had gone crowd surfing, too, and Ansku had to make her way to the other side of the square in order to get it. What a relief that she did!

I happily went back to the Joking Hazard tribe and we made our way back home safe.
(After being attacked by the orange orange mafia! We had a orange fight on our way home. Literally. Suddenly guys from the other side of the street we were walking on, started to through oranges at us?! And we accepted the challenge. Winning, of course. Oh that poor guy who got hit three times by Jonas, Lauri and myself.)
If anyone happens to have pictures or video of this, please, let me know!



What else happened?

xo
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment