Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bevrijdingspop: Base Noir and Kate Nash


On the 5th of May it was B.pop, as I already previously posted.
Me and Annaïs went to go check out our Dutch love: Base Noir. The band we managed for 8weeks during our artist management -minor.


The trio looked FIT!
Jacqueline with her ripped shorts and black transparent lace top, to die for thick curls and long legs - wow! We were so hyped to see them. And hear them! To our surprise we even heard two new songs which made us twist and shake. I can't wait to hear more!
We were dancing and singing along to the songs, and feeling so proud of the band.
I can't wait to see where the road takes them. But I'm sure it's going to be good!


In the evening after picking up my next guest, Anni, we headed back to Bpop to see Kate Nash.
We got there slightly early and ta daa... what did we see?


Yes indeed. The Baseballs.
Never in my life did I think I'd go see The Baseballs perform...but I did!
Lets say it's not my cup of tea but maybe my legs did swing from side to side just two times...?


Remember me hyping about how happy I was to go and see Kate Nash?
Well. Unfortunately the concert was a total disaster.
Where had that 2007 Foundations and Nicest Thing -Kate gone? Now a terrible tryandbepunk act filled with rage and crowd running, which just did not work. It sounded like world war three. But I tried to enjoy at least a few songs. The punkish shouts were just a bit too much. Oh, Kate...
Sad to say that I didn't hear any positive comments about the gig. Everyone was just so shocked and upset. Anyone think that Kate should go back to that more innocent Nicest Thing -style? I do.
(and she didn't even sing the Nicest Thing! that was the final minus to the whole thing.)


...and can anyone help me with the name of this singer/band?
Heard one song of theirs and it was great. Should have stayed for longer!

Now I need to get a nice and enjoyable listen of what Kate can do...so:


<3
Linda

2 comments:

  1. TOTALLY agree, expected Kate Nash to be calmer and easier to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate ash really sucked bigtime! and the band name you are looking for is chef's special! at band from Haarlem who is doing a cool action for the dutch cancer foundation http://www2.fightcancer.nl/

    xx

    ReplyDelete