Tuesday, May 10, 2011

1st of May


Sunday 1st of May

I'm really late on my posting and terribly sorry for that. Now I have a week time to catch up (with my studies) and write.

As you could see from my latest post we had a quite fun Queensday. I hope everyone else in Holland enjoyed their's as much, and for the people in Finland - I hope vappu was great! I was just remembering my last vappu (2010) in Helsinki, which was the funniest one ever. Jumping rope on the street in front of a former bar, Ruma, chanting our "divorce - Eero" -song and other randomness.
Any other countries having celebrations on the 30th of April?


It was rise and shine to a fresh new morning on Sunday the 1st of May.
Ansku, JP and me hopped on some bikes and went for a little tour around Haarlem in beautiful sunny weather.

The windmill, the Noah's ark (which we didn't know how to get in to...), the beach café and the fair.

...and then it was time for the first and last meal of the day. SUMO.


Others had decided to go too, so we bunched our tables together and competed in who would make the most rounds. It felt like old days having Martina, Hilla, Roman, Tina and Johannes around.

I wasn't quite sure if this was the right thing to do after an "all you can eat" -Sumo meal?
After shaking and screaming during the first steps of the ride, Ansku and me actually enjoyed it. When going down it felt like  our cheeks were two meters closer to the ground than our other body.


In the evening we went to enjoy life by the beach. I think it must be some kind of Sunday tradition. I love it. Recently my beach jogging has not been a success, but definitely still need to go there for a run.

xo
linda

2 comments: