Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cafés

pictures from Karen

After JP and Ansku left I had a few days to wash my laundry and prepare everything ready for my next guest. It was also a free week off school. I feel like I've been away from school ages.

Also, I got to see an old friend, Myrthe, who was on exchange in Finland a few years ago.
On Tuesday the 3rd we had a little girls chit chat evening with Yana and Myrthe to celebrate Yana's birthday, and also dinner including Alex on the 4th. Both really really nice sit togethers. Unfortunately I only had my disposable camera with me, so no digital pictures.
I got to try longboarding for the first time ever. Totally loved it. @Chris: when can we go boarding again?

We enjoyed the weather by going to various cafés with Karen, Vendela, Koen and Chris. Others joined later, too. Both V&D and the "beach café" are super lovely. If ever popping by for a coffee in Haarlem - do try either. Or both!

Upstairs V&D
At the "beach café" near the center of Haarlem

We also visited an old church that has been turned into a brewery. The Haarlem Jopen brewery.
A really nice and chill place to go spend a moment with friends. I heard the restaurant they have serves delicious food, too. Have to go try some day!
Gosh there are so many things on my to do list and time is so running out.

<3
L

Ps. For all The Pretty Reckless -lovers around or in The Netherlands on the 9th of June, they are performing in PARADISO for just 11€! Ticket pre-sale begins on Saturday 14th of May. I'm definitely getting a ticket! See you there.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment