Monday, January 10, 2011

Britain's GaGa tryout?

Picture from here.

Jessie J, Britain's 22-year old new electropop investment.
She's the winner of BBC Sound of 2011. Remember Ellie Goulding, the winner of 2010?
Jessie's website here.

Looking from all aspects I think she's been made into Britain's dark haired Lady GaGa. Or at least wanted/tried to be made.
But will she be a similar phenomenon?
The clothing style: a bit more basic (for now?) but the roots are so GaGa.
Make-up: Look at the lips in the video. I think that's already enough to explain what I mean.
Music style: Electropop, Dance, R'n'B. As GaGa, right?
Both have the love for heels.
Should I rather start listing what differences I see? Black hair...umm.

After my first listen to "Do It Like A Dude", I'm not a big fan. Didn't exactly get me "grabbin' my crotch". 
Somehow I think Britain has invested in an one hit wonder.

What do you think? Do you see green or red light for Jessie J?

BTW, also pretty confusing since the artist name, Jessie J, brings to mind America's popper Jessie James.

No comments:

Post a Comment