Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 goes 2011

(Vila scarf & jacket, Maje dress, Monki boots)
The last bits of 2010
Off we (Kristina, Batu, Luis, San and me) set at 7.30pm to catch the train, the last train, to Amsterdam.
To our delight Elena, her friend Elisa, Sara and her boyfriend Massimo joined us, too.
We didn't have any special plans before midnight so we decided to walk about in Amsterdam. Sara and Massi had found out there was a free outside festival on Museumplein so we decided to go check that out first.
Raise your glass.
Unfortunately we couldn't enter the festival area as glass bottles weren't allowed and we still had a few left (remembering especially the champagne to be saved for 00.00). So we hung out in the muddy and wet outside area of the festival for a while after which decided to head back to Dam Square.
On the way back we saw maaany many fireworks. Amsterdam was going crazy all night long!
We got a lot of random friends wanting to take pictures with us and met a lovely Canadian couple who introduced us to this:
There is a live camera filming the street where we walked. Via that cam we wished Johannes happy new year and he took a screen shot of us as seen above - unfortunately it was dark already then so we are hardly noticeable. You can find this and more live cams from here.
Amsterdam burning
We reached Dam Square which was full of people, including this lovelily dressed up lady who turned out to be a guy. Bachelor party, I assume (hope).
Martina, Roman, Hilla, Ida and Nina joined us too for the last minutes of 2010 and first of 2011 before going to Paradiso!
Aaaand someone decided to set off a load of fireworks right next to us. Actually...we thought we'd see huge city financed fireworks but no - only amateur fireworks that ppl had brought with them. It was pretty dangerous since you never knew when and where someone would decide to set of a firework. Yet still - A LOT OF FUN! Everyone was going crazy. A bunch of guys just suddenly ran to me, kept hugging and lifting me up, patting my head and calling me an angel. I though they were gonna rob me but no - they were just high on 2010 going 2011!
Taxi for 9ppl for 100€. Good bargains!
At around 1am we were ready to set off back home again as there was a party awaiting.
On the way to get a taxi at Amsterdam Centraal we played a game I invented called: Are you happy?
The idea was to ask/shout to upcoming people: "ARE YOU HAPPY?"
If their response was "Yes" we shouted "Happy New Year!"
The game was a huge success, especially amongst older people. They got really excited about it.
Some people were too intelligent and already gave a "happy new year" -response to our "are you happy" -question. And a few people with their "no" -response made us speechless and confused.
My shoes were killing me so I made up a new plastic bag shoe -fashion when walking from Haarlem Centraal back home. Yes, the taxi driver was crazy and asked 50€ more for taking us all the way home. Haarlem Centraal 100€ but 3km more to our place was a 50€ extra? Ok, we walk.

Did you make any NY resolutions? I think I kinda forgot to in all that craziness...but I have a few in mind I should probably stick to.
xxx
Linda
My tradition
PS: Does anyone else hear some similarity in E.T. and All The Things She Said? When I listened to the Katy Perry one today it totally made me think of t.A.T.u.'s song...something in the melody line?

3 comments:

  1. 50e?! what an ass.

    and et song reminds me of some song, but can't figure out what. however it does remind a bit of the legendary tatu song. legendary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it's exactly same song :DDD almost.. I'm amazed.

    ReplyDelete