Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Return to Oslo; Holmenkollen


OOOO sloooo.<3

During summer 2011 I was lucky to visit Oslo, Norway, for the first time. Ever so near to Finland - but had never been there. It must be one of those 'so close, too far' -kind of things. My summer trip can be read about here. Last weekend I went to Oslo again - atmosphere being quite a bit different than in summer.


I arrived late on Thursday night.
On Friday it was shopping day. The weather was grey and rainy, so perfect run away weather to spend in shops. We spotted Norwegian singer Maria Mena, or Ingar did. I wouldn't have recognized - as usual.
Shopping in Oslo is heaven, or hell as you can pretty much just shop until you drop. My favorite shop is probably Monki. Gina Tricot had quite some nice clothes, too! As well as Bik Bok, Cubus and whatever other shops I window shopped, seemed to have.

H&M - I had to go check to see what all the Versace hype was all about. and...No comprendo. I'm sorry to comment such radically but seriously most of the clothes were like vomit to my eyes. I respect the fact that someone out there possibly likes the clothes, but it doesn't mean I understand, or ever will, the reason behind the liking.
Though, I can't wait to start spotting people wearing those Canary Island 80's style look-a-like clothes on the streets. Will give a good laugh. Versace..
Please do comment with your thoughts on the clothing line!


On Friday evening we went to eat out with a few or I's current and ex classmates. Being the only female, my manly side made it's way out as I decided to accompany my chicken tortilla with a beer. The restaurant had a broad selection of various beers from around the world. Didn't want to get too masculine, so I ordered a beer that had a twist of candy in it's taste. Hmm, intressant.
Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the place? But I see I logged myself into:
@ Cafe Teater & Bistro AS, TORSHOVGATA 33, Oslo, Norja
So maybe it's just Cafe Teater & Bistro?
Really tasty food - thumbs up.


Saturday was Holmenkollen day. Didn't have the time to visit during the summer, so now we went for an Autumn view. Which btw is preeetty pretty. As you can see in the pictures, fog had totally taken over Oslo that day. But as we made it to the top of the ski-jumping hill the fog began to disappear.


First we checked out the ski museum. The picture above illustrates how interested I was. Jokes, it was interesting. Especially the exhibition about winter sports for the handicapped. There was some shooting simulator that I wanted to try but some little boys in front of me decided to break it instead. Therefore the expression in the picture above.



The view.
Holmenkollen is a very hilly part of Oslo. The area is very famous for it's skiing facilities and especially for the ski jumping arena that we visited. These pictures are taken from the top of the ski jumping hill.
This is the starting point for the jumping (crazy!):

I don't think I could do that? It's higher than it looks. And steep.


The Oslo weather was a perfect opportunity for me to rip of the price tags of my new River Island coat that I've been waiting to wear. It's just so warm and cute. What do you think?

Later I'll get back with more pictures of our party on Saturday night and about the rest of my trip.

...though I hardly have any pictures of the city itself this time. Maybe next time I'll spend a day just photographing the cute streets and sipping hot chocolate in the sweetest cafés.

Takk.
<3
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment