Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Today's music top 3

My playlist
Top 3
of 16.11.2011

1. Rebecca & Fiona

These Swedish DJ beauties released their debut album 'I Love You, Man' TODAY.
It can already be found on Spotify and is currently #2 on iTunes.
No wonder why. Their sweet voices and crazy electro beats make me want to dance.
A definite must-see whenever we hit some city at the same time.
I think...I love you, girls!

watch R&F's newest video 'Jane Doe' here.


2. Rihanna
"We Found Love" ft. Calvin Harris

I already was asking about your thoughts on this track earlier.
After listening to the song a few times, I found myself playing it on repeat. Not by accident but because it was actually a song that hit. And I must say I kind of fell for the video too. Dramatic. Great storytelling. I love the woman's voice in the beginning, the talk. It's like a movie teaser, the whole video is!
Though the video does make me think: was it yet again a wise shot, as a huge amount of Rihanna's fans are probably underaged girls? Well, it's not like it's the first crazy video...even by her. (remember S&M?)

Watch "We Found Love" here.


3. Brave Yesterday

I had a pre-listen once again to Brave Yesterday's album 'For The Sake Of Symmetry' that will be out in January 2012. The album gets better and better with every listen.
Something a bit different to the two artists above, as BY is in the genre of Jimmy Eat World and 30 Seconds To Mars. Works. Works well.
Something to look forward to all you alt rock lovers.


My playlist has also included massive consumption of artists such as
Oh Land (who btw has the coolest website with her music vids playing on the background)

And at work my playlist consists of many of our great artists of which
Athletes In Parisiremembertapes. and GO-X fall into my category of hearts, X's and O's.

I'd love for you to suggest more, more and more music to me.
On my list I still have Oh No Ono who I should give a better listen to.

xo
L

2 comments:

  1. Thats unfair... I wanted to listen to the new Rebecca & Fiona Album but first I couldn't even find it on Spotify (neither on iTunes), then I found a link via google to Spotify and now it says "not available in Great Britain"... boooo :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? that's not cooool. have you listened to them before? you can listen to some songs on their vevo! http://www.youtube.com/user/RebeccaFionaVevo

    ReplyDelete