Monday, November 7, 2011

Granny Life


Last weekend I got a lovely visitor, my exchange buddy Miss Karenita.
Oh how we wished the Holland days weren't over...


We had a plan of visiting all London's tube stations.
But didn't.
Would someone want to do some calculation and see how long it would take to visit all stations? Just a quick stop to get a picture taken.
Karen was guessing one day wouldn't be enough but I think it would...hmm.


Karen said she's not that small. But I say there is a reason for her being called Pocket. If you see what I mean...


Spent a day being tourists around Green Park, Hyde Park, Oxford Street, etc.
Might have popped into Primark to get a pair of black jeans. And socks. And legwarmers. And nothing else.


And finally got to try out Itsu's sushi! Ah. Love.
I ate sushi for the first time just a year ago in Holland, and totally fell for the food. Gosh how I miss Sumo all you can eat sushi.

Itsu is quality sushi for an affordable price, I'm definitely going to go back for more.


Our 'school project' at Bermondsey station aka photography hour.


11pm sparkler hunt to Tesco. We weren't sold any. Apparently they closed the firework stand at 10pm.
An hour late, as always.
We had to make up some replacement fun: stretching on the parking lot, Karen-in-a-trolly and of course eating prawn and mayo sandwiches. Someone ate 3 and someone ate 6... that's why I finally went for a jog yesterday.

This weekend revealed that me and Karen have officially become grannies.
On Friday night we went out to the city for a walk, got a free carriage ride (!legendary! - that never happens. We felt ever so special.), hunted for the most terrible clubs and ended up going back home tired at 2am. At least we found out about tens of clubs where not to go. Ever.

On Saturday we were in bed well before midnight. Not forgetting that we had a nap that day, too.
Goodbye the energetic Linda who can be up for hours in the night, welcome the old granny Linda who needs sleep and sleep only.

Any suggestions where to go out in London? Camden should be nice?
At least I know not to search anywhere near Trafalgar, Leicester, Piccadilly, Soho, Oxford Circus, Mayfair,...etc.


Grannies or not - Karen equals fun.

<3
L

ps. but a promoter did guess me to be 18 years old.. so i'm thinking there's some hope in getting out of the granny mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment