Wednesday, November 9, 2011

And I thought goblins were green?


Hello, World of Heavy Metal!

A couple weeks back we had an interesting evening after work. Still continuing the day at the office but in a totally different atmosphere than what we are used to at the 'Farm.
It was heavy metal night!

Listening to Jamie mixing a song for weeks, and me already knowing the lyrics by heart, it was finally time for the day. The day that the 'kingdom is calling' (...I told you I know the lyrics):
The Orange Goblin new album listening.


Ben, the frontman of the Goblin group, came to the 'Farm already in good time before the radio and press were to arrive. To do what? Start preparing what is presented above. The heavy, holic, bath.

 

...it was getting dark outside...



...and dark inside, as the men (and women) in black smelt the beer and made their way to...


...where also the dark Jäger laid.




After a little socializing and a few drinks, it was time to feed the folk: put on that record and turn up the volume. "Could we turn the volume up a bit more", I heard someone say. Yes, we definitely were listening to metal!


Maybe I don't look too heavy metal, and yes - I really am not, but I must say that after listening to the new album of Orange Goblin, 'A Eulogy For The Damned', you metal lovers out there are in for a treat. Even I liked it. And yes, that should be taken as a truly positive comment if my opinion is into ones interest.

My favorite track is the opening track, 'Red Tide Rising'. It is a powerful, dynamic track that really boosts the album off providing the listener a secure ride of metal/rock with a somewhat psychedelic vibe.

By the looks of people, and feeling the energy that filled up the room, I'm guessing to be safe by saying that the night was a super success. Seeing many smiles, metal grins, and hearing just positive adjectives been said - the press most likely had at least an as pleasant night as I did.



Ben looking pretty happy himself, as so did the other band members!



...and I wasn't the first girl to feel slight jealousy towards Martyn's lovely, long and thick hair!

The band members were all so kind and great to talk to. Jaleh and I had the opportunity to hear many interesting stories about the band's past as well as future.
Including these important dates you might want to mark down!:
13.2.2012 Album release
and April tour in the UK and Ireland starting from 7.4.2012


 Yet an other experience, and reason why to love life.

Maybe you'll be seeing me at a metal gig one day soon? I've said that some day I want to mosh the night away...and proper stage dive. Which gig would you suggest me to go experience with these two aims in mind?


xoxo
Linda

and as Jaleh writes: "The next morning at the office, someone was still having an after party."


Read Jaleh's blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment