Saturday, November 12, 2011

salad'N'smoothie


Today after work I had Mr. J, a loyal reader of my blog ;) , come round for dinner.
We were both in Holland on exchange. It's funny how we both ended up in London!
And what even more funnier, or sad actually - we've only had the time to meet up three proper times since we both moved.


I was so sure for the anonymous Formspring questioner to be Johannes asking what we could eat, as he knows I have a thing for the organic and super.
But I was wrong. So, it was good timing to ask about favorite food anonymous. Thank you for the Q!
Maybe it helped make our food deciding process faster as we ended up having a half organic salad with my favorite ingredients. With extras of chicken and J's tasty salad dressing. And bought a couple of organic ciders to try out. The Westons 'Wyld Wood' -cider I liked a lot! Not too sweet.

J's salad dressing recipe:
- olive oil
- little bit of mustard
- little bit of sugar
- balsamic


For dessert Johannes wanted to taste what all the smoothie hype was about.
He'd read and seen pictures of super smoothie posts but never got the chance to try.
Was about time! ;-)


After eating a bowlful of salad, the smoothie I made was a liiittle too foody for me.
Ingredients were:
- banana
- about 20-25 grapes
- a mango
- 2 apples
- chaga mushroom tea
- water
- maca -powder
- acai -powder
- MSM -powder
- barley grass powder
with hemp seeds on top

The mix turned out a delight. Mostly tasting of maca and banana, but good!
J claims he liked it and I take his word. haha
My housemate also got excited and was up for trying two of my specials of the day: the smoothie + chaga mushroom tea on it's own. He said he'd start making smoothies of his own. Influence, influence.

Btw if you haven't seen my post about the making of chaga mushroom tea, you can check it out here.

Tomorrow will be yet an other great day; my back will get treatment it has been longing for, my board will get to rock n roll, and my camera will be snapping at a speed nobody ever thought existed.
Fingers crossed for sunshine.
All longboard nerds turn up at Crystal Palace Park for:

Good night 12.11.11,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment