Monday, August 8, 2011

OSLOVE

25.7.-1.8.
Oslo and around

Oh wow.
Finally! A city and country so close to my home, but first time for me to visit Oslo. And first time for me to visit Norway, I think.
 At least now I had the perfect reasons to go.
Friends!

My week consisted of sports, Oslo sightseeing, spotting organic+superfood stores and products, visiting my friends' hometowns outside of Oslo, camping, getting to know lovely friends of my friends, buying new running shoes and also learning a few Norwegian words and sentences.
Eivind: 'Du ligner på Freddy Dos Santos.'
(...oh, and having dinner with the royal family of course.)

Oslo is pretty, Oslo has amazing shops, Oslo is expensive (but clothes are the same price if you go to the international brand stores) and my favorite building was definitely the Opera house. Oh but, I did like the old 'Punavuori, Helsinki' -like buildings a lot, too. Ooh and the Frognerparken! It reminded me of Greenwich park in London next to which I used to live. I loved it!

Lets see if I got any competent pictures to convey you the funfunfun experience I had, and to see how nice my trip really was!

Though, as I went there on Monday the 25th of July the atmosphere wasn't at its best.
I experience Oslo at a state it had never been before.
We bought roses and went to the memorial service of 22.7.2011 where about 200 000 other people were too. The atmosphere of that evening was definitely as follows: "If one man can show so much hate, just think how much love we all together can create."(Norwegian girl commenting 22.7.2011)
That night Oslo was definitely filled with love.

Oslo sightseeing

Rånåsfoss


Camping trip with Sammy, Ingar, Jonas and Gjermund. And my first time trying waterskiing! I hardly recommend not to fall as I can still feel the pain as I think about it.

A little super snack costing 6€, so yes, double the price as in Finland

Bathing by the river

Climbing

And last but not least, a mixture of Norwegian (barn) and Dutch (when adding an extra K, lekker) may be interesting. This picture for Karen and Vendela, memorizing our trip to Volendam...

Oslo is a lovely city to visit. I can't wait to go again!
...I still have to go see Holmenkollen, right?


Good night!
I'm gonna start preparing myself mentally now for tomorrow's dentist check-up visit. Not fun.
But then again visiting my study town, Jyväskylä, after that should be fun!

xxx
Linda

3 comments: