Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Warsaw, Poland


I landed in Warsaw Thursday midday. It felt good to have someone waiting at the airport!
After traveling alone in Brussels (even though for just a day, but all those bus rides to Paris, to Brussels, to Amsterdam...alone. blah.), I had sworn it'd be the last time I go anywhere alone for just a short holiday like that. Backpacking or so could be done.

Having read about Polish scam taxies and all, I knew the right price to pay for a ride to the hotel would be a maximum of 40zloty. First taxi trying to scam some extra, but the second one being right with a total of 38zlt.
Tripadvisor has proven to be really really reliable and well advisable.


Alko hole. Yes. Polish word for alcohol.

We were able to check in 2hours early and also got an upgrade to a bigger room.
Really really nice. My plan was to go and take a nap since I had woken up at 4am to travel, but for some reason I was full of energy and ready to hit the town.

Headed off to the center. Found a shopping mall, really big, really good shops, amazing. I was surprised, as the city so far hadn't looked so promising.
I found my favorite perfume, organic vanilla by Yves Rocher, but decided to try out an other one and bought organic coconut. Cheap and amazing. I've loved both.

Hunger took over our minds and we headed off to a big supermarket we had seen on our way to town.
Polish buildings are full of graffitis and other street art, as well as painted advertisements.
Some extremely nice, though we didn't even visit Praga, which is said to be the best area for street art.
My favorite piece was the eyes seen in this post.


The luxury of having our own kitchen was making our own food. Took advantage of that just once.
But that salmon, melon, feta, avocado, etc. salad was just yummy yummy yummy.
I just got my tummy talking.

The evening was spent at the gym, and planning the next days.

Relaxation maximum.
...and I still can't but wonder how good the Zlote Tarasy shopping mall was. Pull&Bear, Bershka, Stradivarius, Yves Rocher...and all on sale. I could have made the holiday into a shopping trip. Thankfully I kept strong and left the shopping to very minimum.

<3
L

No comments:

Post a Comment