Monday, January 30, 2012

Lana Del Rey, the young Geena Davis?


Lana Del Rey - Born To Die

The first time I heard 'Video Games', I wasn't hooked. May the reason be me not listening well enough, me not being in the need of finding any more artists to listen to, or whatever other not important excuse.

But today, January 30th 2012, Lizzy Grant aka Lana Del Rey released her album 'Born To Die' which namely makes me think of Lady GaGa. Just because of the confusion of the word 'born'.
I just need to make it clear to myself that:
Lana - Born To Die
GaGa - Born This Way

I'm currently listening to the 'Born To Die' deluxe album on Spotify for the fifth or sixth time round.
No lie. I'm addicted.
Lyrical hooks. Dreamy melodies. Atmospheric. Can be happy, can be sad - depending on the listeners mood.


What else comes to mind about Lana Del Rey?

Why do I feel convinced that if T&L were a 2012 movie, Lana Del Rey would be the music on the soundtrack? Is it just me, or can anyone else get similar vibes?
Isn't Lana today's Geena Davis? Yes.
Somehow the lyrics, Lana's image and the whole atmosphere around the girl and her music just completely clicks with Thelma&Louise.


Following some of my favorite lines from the album.

Carmen
The boys, the girls, they all like carmen
She gives them butterflies, that's a girl too nice
She laughs like god, her mind's like a diamond
Buy her tonight, she's still shining
Like lightning, ohh, like lightning

Born To Die
Don't make me sad, don't make me cry
Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough
I don't know why
Keep making me laugh
Let's go get high
The road is long, we carry on
Try to have fun in the meantime

Come on take a  walk on the wild side
Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain
You like your girls insane
Choose your last words, this is the last time
Cause you and I, we were born to die

Blue Jeans
You were sorta punk rock, I grew up on hip hop
But you fit me better than my favorite sweater


Oh, I just love it all.

Though I have to say that the already released singles definitely are the strongest tracks of the album in my opinion, but as a whole the album atmosphere is amazingly capturing with its dreamy, hazy melodies that make you wanna sway. Me likes.

What do you think about the album? Had the time to listen yet?


xo
L



ps. why do I also see a similarity in Lana Del Rey and Emma Watson?

1 comment:

  1. This is thе right blog for anybody who would like to
    find out аbout this topic. Үοu realize a wholе lot its
    almost harԁ to argue with уou (not that I actually would want to…HаНа).
    Yοu certainly put a new spin on a subϳeсt
    which has been dіscussed fοr years.
    Eхcеllent stuff, just excellent!

    Also visit my ωeb sіte :: http://ultrasoundtechnologist.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete