Sunday, January 15, 2012

MILLWALL - CRYSTAL PALACE


This group of football lovers got me to join them to a New Years match with

Millwall against Crystal Palace

The football fan in me is very very tiny. It goes as far as David Beckham and Manchester United. Go David, go ManU! Why? David Beckham is just an ultimate legend, no matter if we are talking about football or style or whatever. 'E jus got it, innit!
And ManU, well explanation 1 is Beckham and 2 is because of this (right at the bottom of the post).
((I jut had to support the other team to what JP was supporting. Watching the game was so much more fun for me that way!))


So, I ended up, on New Years Eve, watching my local team Millwall play.
When I got to the road which the arena was located on, the mini football fan in me started to come out. It was insane to see so many people (Karen, you should have seen) walk on the streets and be excited for the game to begin. And on NYE! And to a match that apparently 'was not even that big'.
Well, for me it was big enough. I felt it! :-)
For once I even felt like buying a beer just for the fun of it: 'It's a part of the experience! Let's do it!' But as you're not allowed to drink in the arena, we didn't have time for that one beer.


Traditional football chants were being played as the players were warming up and the audience was waiting for the match to begin. Of course everyone was singing along with their own lyrics...Millwall fans putting Crystal Palace down and vice versa.


And the game began.
I had been told that Millwall fans are the most hard core fans you can find in the UK.
This meant that my expectations were: fights, a lot of fights, more fights, people climbing over fences, people throwing things on the field and at each other, usage of power words, and at least one person running across the field naked. But no, nothing like that. Common' it was new years eve!

The first half was a bit more aggressive than you'd probably see at a Finnish football match, but all this being just verbal.
...and quite much of this hand movement:

But the second half was peaceful and all the verbal insults were minimal.


I was supporting Millwall, as apparently it was my local team.
Unfortunately they lost. By how many, that I can't remember. And am not interested enough to check back online...I'm sorry.


Though, the experience was far more fun than I had imagined.
Even I was jumping off my seat and cheering for the team to goal. As a wannabe pro I was also trying my best to comment on what the teams were doing right and wrong. Isn't that just annoying how people do that, especially when they know naught about the subject? Oh my...what a pain I've been to listen to. :-D

To be honest, if my ticket was paid - I could go again. But if it comes to me putting my own money 'in the game'...yeah, I'd rather go see a musical.
Unless...it's a 'bigger game' and if Beckham is on the field. Then I'm sold.

...and here. Henry. 14. Me and Ansku named him as the man. Our favorite. We saw him warming up and oh gosh, yes our favorite indeed. Unfortunately he didn't get to play the whole game but guess how excited we were when he was put on field to play the last 15min!! And no wonder we chose him as mister favorite, he totally owned the field.

Yet again an experience richer,
love,
Linda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment