Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Winter Wonderland


I was just going through my posts and noticed a few that had been saved as drafts instead of been posted.
Nice.

So here, a little late, but enjoy!
...viewing the picture below juuust made me crave for those tasty sweet Spanish churros quite some bit.


In the end of November, just before going on this trip, we had some 'after work fun' at Winter Wonderland.
Sadly it was only Rebecca, Jamie, Jaleh and me could make it.
I'm not sure if I count 'I can't come because I don't have enough money to get drunk - and I can't stand you guys sober' as a valid reason for not joining, though!

...and now you might be thinking how many beers people at our office have before they come to work? As much as 0, which proves the reason given above is not valid.
(or how can I know one's pre-work habits. ;)


Our invite:

"Hello Pigs and Piglets,

Sooo, this morning has been very successful and creative. Messy hair Jamie has been working hard and come up with an excellent idea that will excite all Harry Potter and Haunted House lovers. I'm guessing that's not that many of us really. Anyway, there will also be 'German Stuff' (I take this as beer and mulled wine), rides, ice-skating, gingerbread, live bands, etc. which will hopefully warm you up slightly more than the themes stated above.

In short:
Welcome to the Animal Farm after work fun on the 30th of November. We will head of to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park straight after work, so around 6pm, and maybe go for a few more drinks afterwards. For those who want to riot, take your signs with you as apparently there will be student protests on the day, too.

All you busy people clear your schedules because this is 'the evening of the year' and attendance is compulsory. Excuses will be heard but effort and creativity must be seen in presentation.
For those who got too excited: Jamie hasn't found us a sponsor yet so be prepared to pay for all personal expenses.
I don't want to end the email with a negative money remark, so I'll continue and share some delightful news: Sammy will be joining us, too."


...I'm thinking people didn't come because Sammy the duck couldn't make it after all.


Jaleh: "Lets take some band pictures."


An evening of ridiculously priced rides, ice-skating and a scary Santa.
Therefore we decided to invest in food and drinks.

Very much fun, very many laughs.
Though that Santa still creeps me out in my dreams. Too much mulled wine? And since when was Santa a skinny woman with no beard but eyelash extensions?
I did take video but placed it somewhere nowhere.
But maybe the picture below is enough to explain what I mean...


x
L

No comments:

Post a Comment