Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Years celebration twentytwelve


18 days ago we were celebrating 2011 turn 2012.
It seems like yesterday! And now you probably think I feel hung over today? You're wrong. Are you thinking I wasn't hungover on 1.1.2012. You're right.

Anyway.
Crazycrazycrazy.
2011-2012 London
2010-2011 Amsterdam
2009-2010 New York
2008-2009 Helsinki
...any suggestions for 2012-2013? I'm thinking Australia, Hawaii or so? Whose in with me? ;)

But lets get back to 2011-2012.


After the famous Millwall - Crystal Palace match we went to buy some drinks and snacks for the evening. Just some. Some, that we couldn't manage to carry by hand but had to take use of the tactic Spanish exchange students used in Holland. The con-trolly method.


After (and during) getting ready we welcomed the rest of the bunch to join us for a drink before heading off to dine at an Indian restaurant by South Bank.


We had dinner at an Indian called Bangalore Express. Really really lovely place! Had cute 'upstairs' tables which you had to climb a ladder to. The food wasn't a success, though. Me being a huge chicken korma fan had to leave half of my meal uneaten because of the super dry chicken, super mild korma sauce and super dry feel of the whole meal. Some of us had the three course New Years special which I heard was OK - but...London is full of much more pleasing Indian restaurants. Like my local takeaway: Bermondsey Tandoori. I already feel like ordering as I write the name!


From dinner we headed off to see the London fireworks.
The main viewing points were closed as it was 11.30pm already.
So we walked in the mass of people heading a bit further from Waterloo to London Bridge. After walking with my heels for 5min I gave up and changed into my flats again. Having not walked with heels for  a year (?) or so and turned into a total sneaker freak...it just wasn't for me. So, so long my days of being even somewhat a missy.
I should probably sell my heel collection now that Linda+Heels no longer function.


The whole 2011 goes 2012 was kind of a mess in my eyes. People everywhere. Our own gang getting lost and found. No proper sign of what time it was - no idea of any sort of countdown that was possibly going on. AND PADAM. Suddenly I see a few red lights shine in the sky and hear explosions. Well, that's pretty much it. So much for London fireworks! I literally didn't see a thing. But hey, thankfully we have Youtube, right?

If you happened to be as unlucky as me and missed the whole 12minute (money wasting) show - watch below:


I have to say it looked quite crazily cool! But I was having an amazing time with amazing people, so the fireworks were actually the last thing on my mind as we popped our champagne and hugged eachother. In the last picture above I was actually going up to those guys and asking if they could spare me a sparkler as we had totally forgotten (again) to buy our own. Unfortunately they had none left. I was jealous.

As the fireworks ended everyone started to leave their 'viewing spots'. We decided to head back to my place as we didn't have any club tickets or so, and weren't really excited about waiting outside in cues and paying triple the price to get into a club on Leicester Square that I wouldn't even want to dip my foot in anyway.

On the way to the tube we found a pub right by the Thames that was not full at all! Happily stayed there until closing time having a super time getting up to nothing and everything, after which we somehow got separated on our ways home.

End well. All home safe and sound, in the end going to bed with an extremely happy mind set on making 2012 something more ah-mazing than I would have ever imagined life could be.
Speaking of that...I just booked a new flight ticket. 

This being to the country I will find an address from next.
Who can guess what that may be?
Well, all I know is that I've got enough flight tickets booked for the following 2.5months (6tickets that is) and the latest ticket purchase will hopefully make me stay still for a bit.

All the best into everyone's new year! Lets make 2012 even better than we ever imagined it could be!

XOXO
Linda

First four pictures by me. Next two from Karen's camera and last three from Jaleh's camera.

4 comments:

  1. Linda! What about Vienna? ;) (though I was thinking on Berlin OR NY - but you've got the NYE in NY covered alread)...nevertheless, keep me updated - I might join a crazy NYE 2012 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vienna wouldn't actually be a bad idea. I'd like to go there anyway. Mmm, need to add that to my traveling list. Berlin is also an idea worth taking into consideration. And these suggestions are probably more likely to happen than costy Australia or Hawaii. ;-) So lets see what the plan is...I'll let you know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. australia ja havaiji käy kumpikin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. voisin vaikka ottaa vähän etumatkaa ja lähteä uuden vuoden viettoon jo niinkun...nyt?

      Delete