Tuesday, January 10, 2012

days between christmas and new years

After Christmas celebrations I headed off to Helsinki. Just for a quick pop by to visit Ellu and the rest of my Vantaa -family. Seeing them always makes me so happy. We've spent so many good times together. I'm guessing bad ones aswell, but of those I can't even recall haha.
I hope some day I'll find the time to live in Helsinki, too, (for longer than one summer) so we can be together more.

We spent time eating, shopping, watching 'Different Kinds of Friends' and talking through what had happened in our lives during the past months. The guys had been to Venezuela, btw of which Petri made a supersuper cool video. You can watch it here. It is worth a watch, though it might make you want to go travel to Venezuela right now.
I also finally bought myself kneepads for longboarding when we visited the Overboard office. Was about time. To both visit the office and buy the pads.

One day in Helsinki(/Vantaa) was not enough, but I had to go catch my flight in order to make it to London on time for New Years and friends.


On the morning of the 29th December I got 7 amazing(ly tired) visitors. Later, on the 30th, followed by an eighth one.

The 29th we slept away our tiredness and headed off to see Karen who had arrived by bus from the North. Dropped of the guy's and girl's bags at their hotels and went out to eat.
Tasty salmon salad. Sammy the duck joined us of course. Vendela had bought Sammy a mobile phone (as promised in Finland during the cottage weekend). Sammy was so happy when she opened her surprise present.
Unfortunately later that evening a bag of ours got stolen at a pub. In the bag was Sammy's phone. Bummer.
But that thief must have been real proud of himself when he noticed he had robbed a plastic fake mobile phone. WELL DONE.

The 30th we pretty much spent shopping in Westfield, Stratford. I was supposed to attend Critical Mass, as I had missed the last ones. Thank you English weather. Rain totally ruined my plans. So we head back home for a rest followed by a drink at my local pub 'The Ship', that is actually situated right next to my house.


After various busses and tubes Ansku also made it to my place late at night.
...and it was time for some sleep before the big day: football and a change of the year.


xo
Linda

1 comment: