Monday, October 3, 2011

Hiding in Hyde Park


Having been in London for only a month, I've already been getting a lot a lot a lot of visitors. So much fun!
I really love socializing, great company and friendly, caring people.
I love fun, I love serious. I looove. People.

Actually, this October will be full of visitors and my calendar is fully booked. Also got some exciting plans for November. Planning must be what I do best.
I wish executing would be, too. ;) Most of the time that party goes pretty well, though.

Inkku came to visit for a few days in September.
During just a couple of days we actually experienced quite a bit of London. But - quite a bit is yet to be seen. Had to leave something to do for future trips, too. ;)
We went through all main sight seeing places, as earlier posted in the TourisTuomo entry. I wonder if I should become a tour guide in London now that I've seen all these places so many times? Hhaa.


What nicest, though, was Hyde Park. An area of London which hadn't been that familiar to me actually. Maybe I spent time there when I was a kid - can't remember. Doubt it, as I think it was Greenwich park we spent most of the park-time.
Hyde Park is chill, pretty and nice. But nothing can win my love-park - Greenwich.

We also visited Harrods. But that was a quick stop, as hunger made us go food hunting.
Btw, I always used to go buy donuts in Harrods but now they've renewed the building and I couldn't do my havetodo Harrods shopping. Not cool! Has the cheap donut company ended their business in Harrods?
(Ok, maybe it was just a normal Krispy Kreme...I don't remember. But that's what I always had, read: only thing I could afford, at Harrods.)

On Wednesday evening, the 21st, we also went to a musical. To see Blood Brothers.
Ingar wanted to go see Legally Blond...but the ticket price was quite high so we ended up seeing BB.
Ok, maybe I was the one wanting to go and see Legally Blond the most - but do believe me when I say that in the end it was Ingar who said 'Hey, should we go check out Legally Blond after all?'

Blood Brothers was nice. And sad. Great singers, great actors. I loved the storyteller. It sounds so amazing when male singers with powerful voices sing in musicals. Ah... <3
I love musicals and I can't remember seeing a single disappointing one in my life. Even Lord Of The Rings was exciting, no matter how uninterested I am about fantasy movies. I've never even seen a LOTR movie!

Next time we're planning to go see Stomp! And I also want to add Legally Blond on the list.
...and I could add Ghost. And Les Miserables. And Priscilla. And what not.
I'm sad I never was able to see Cats. They should definitely do a comeback!

<3
Linda

PS: Now I remembered a disappointing musical. Fela! - that was boredom. But that was in New York, so it still keeps the London experiences at a 100% greatness level.

PPS: I hope everyone had an amazing weekend. Mine was! I can't wait to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment