Tuesday, October 4, 2011

On board


I'm so happy I took my board with me to London.

Even though at first I was in shock of how bad the pavements and sidewalks looked, I've actually gotten used to it and found places where to roll without any problems.

I use the board to go to work, I've gone boarding in Hyde Park (not as good as everyone says) and yesterday evening Jaleh and I met up with Lloyd, a really nice longboarder we got to know online, and went boarding in Finsbury Park. In Finsbury Park there are two hills that are pretty sweet! Unfortunately it was already dark when we got to the park.. I consider myself lucky I didn't fall down and break myself and my camera due to any happy rock surprises or so.

Also, I've longboarded along the Thames Path, I've longboarded home from the center (muchos fun! cars really hate it when there are boards on the roads. i haven't got that many bad looks yet though - possible the luck of gender.) and to the shop.
Longboarding home from Hyde Park has surely been the coolest thing. By far.
I took a, who knows, 7-8-9mile route? Following pavements that allowed a smooth roll. Really chill and didn't take me that long either!

Longboarding is actually a rather good transport method in London.
Even though at many spots the London pavements cooould be quite a bit better.


Last Friday night I also saw a crowd of longboarders, bikers and rollerskaters conquer the roads on Tower Bridge. I want to join next time!
Anybody know where I could get info about these events?
Apparently there are quite a few group meet ups between London longboarders.
I've joined London Longboarders on Facebook but that group is just a bore. No help whatsoeverrr.
Get active - I want longboarding company of you guys and guidance on boarding. :-)

Grool!

xxx
Linda

________________
edit.
i found an other group for london longboarders - finally.
sweeeeT!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/23877709552/

No comments:

Post a Comment