Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Robyn @Melkweg



14.3.2011
ROBYN + support
Melkweg, Amsterdam


Just like last summer, she did it again. Wo-o-oh. Amazing gig.
What an energy pack that Swedish lady is!
It is always a delight to see Robyn on stage. I hope to go see her again at Ruisrock when I get back from The Netherlands, but that's only a hope at the moment.

The concert began with this fairly new artist:
Natalia Kills
Have you heard? I hadn't heard the name before, but as she performed her last song of the night - a bell rang. MIRRORS!

Her performance was OK. Energetic and nice to watch. And in a way, very exciting due to Natalia's all kinds of evil facial expressions.

Again a very GaGa -like artist, but with a more gothic and dramatic look and sound.
Maybe you have heard her on the radio.

The second warm up was Mr. Beasly from the U.K.
Well, all I can say is that the atmosphere went down, down, down. Deep, deep, down. Personally, I was already tired of the long day, walking, standing, everything, and then this music? It wasn't exactly the most interesting choice. And it definitely should not have been after Natalia, who had still managed to keep the atmosphere averagely high.

All of Mr. Beasly's songs sounded the same, to be honest - I'm not even sure anymore what they sounded like (can't remember, and no, I can't even be bothered to go check YouTube or so, since I'm not interested), their stage performance was just boring and everyone around me were sighing and waiting for it to end. Not to forget - what the heck was the singer wearing?! Ok, both clothes were cute as singles, but how on earth did she get an idea of combining a triple redyellowgreen colored skirt with a black and silver sequin-decorated butterfly top from the 80's? Oh, and this all with reddish brown tights. Gee.

 I'm sure there is a market for this band. And I'm sure if I'd have heard this band some other day, some other place, etc...there would have been a chance that I'd liked it. But this just was not the right moment.
I also felt like pinching or biting some girls next to me who were making my Mr. Beasly music experience even more horrid than it already was, by imitating the singer with squeaky voices and ugh...terrible.

At this point I would have been ready to leave. Especially when the pause between the 2nd warm up and the main act was an hour (!!!).
BUT. I came to see Robyn.
Robyn!
Thankfully I stayed. As said earlier, she was...Robyn!


I went to the gig with Tina, Ida and Nina.

Today, 15th March, I went to see KT Tunstall. More of that in the next post!
Tomorrow, 16th March, it would be Lissie in Melkweg. Unlike Robyn and KT, it's not sold out...but I think I'll skip it anyway. Enough gigs for this week maybe!

<3
Linda
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment