Wednesday, March 16, 2011

KT Tunstall @Melkweg


KT Tunstall + support
15.3.2011
@Melkweg, Amsterdam

I got lost following you,
What did I do that for,
Am I an idiot

KT Tunstall - Lost

Well, at least I wasn't an idiot for going to KT's concert.
Beauty, rock, roll, clothes, energy, power, lyrics, melodies, sold out venue, band - everything just worked. 35-year old Katie looked like 20 in her awesome shiny black leggings and white sequin top. Not that her face would have had any marks of age/aging either.
I'm putting those black side-bottom-zippered leggings on my shopping list!
Wonder where they are from...

We went to the gig with Jonas. Both having no expectations really. Other than waiting for a good gig.
I'm more familiar with KT's newest album, Tiger Suit, as Jonas was more familiar with the old KT. To our luck we heard both old and new.

KT had quite an interesting warm-up act, Pictish Trail. Myspace here.
A very funny and chill guy, he could do well as a comedian, too.
The Pictish Trail plays folkish music but also beats with a sampler and keyboard. Very, very nice voice and really nice atmosphere in his songs. He had many 30sec songs which were good but I felt annoyed that they ended after just 30sec. He definitely has to make the songs full length (meaning longer ;).

And here the lovely KT. I still want those leggings!
Her background canvas was beautiful. It looked hand-painted? Unfortunately couldn't get a better picture of it.

KT's album, Tiger Suit, has been playing from Spotify all day again.
Thumbs up for yesterday's gig.
Ace.

xo
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment