Monday, March 14, 2011

Mad Rid


Feels like it were ages ago but it's only been two weeks since I got back.
Madrid surely became one of my top 3 European cities. London, Paris, Madrid...yes please!
What made my trip so amazingly special were all the lovely people, especially Monica and Ángel, and their kind friends. The weather was nothing to complain about, neither the beautiful parks and buildings. Food? Oh, take me back for tapas and to the San Miguel -market that became my second home.


Monica and her family were so kind to let me stay with them for the first couple of nights after which Monica got back to Holland and I went to stay at a cute little hotel.
Our days were full of sushi, shopping, meeting Moni's friends, eating other delis, walking, tourist basics and laughing. Such a great time, such a beauty of life.

The days that I was staying in the hotel, Ángel and his friends were so nice to invite me everywhere with them. A friend of Ángels, Eva, was so kind to ask me out to have dinner with her and her new classmates. Things that hardly ever happen in Finland! I was so amazed of how all the people I was around were so friendly, warm and welcoming. Never in Finland do I recall my friends' friends asking me to randomly join them somewhere. Wonder why...jealousy, shyness?

Also, I spent a lot of time just walking alone, enjoying the sun, exploring an awesome organic store I found just nearby Puerta Del Sol and talking to people who though I was Spanish.
I also found a dress for my cousin's wedding! It's long from neck to toe and blue colored. Something I would never had thought a girl my height (short) could ever wear. But. I'm going to!

On my last night Luis informed he had also arrived to Madrid! So I was lucky enough to meet up with him, too.

I uploaded 44pictures on photobucket, so...here we go:

At the Retiro -park
Beautiful Moni!
Sunset at the Debod -temple
A drink with Ángel
Plaza Mayor
The San Miguel -market
Lunch
Almudena -cathedral
The Royal Palace
The Opera
An other church
Sushi again
Puerta del Sol
The organic shop next to Sol -square

And some more tourist pictures
Puerta de Alcalá

And last of all my cute little hotel room right near to the main road, Gran Vía.

Madrid is a must go again, or must live in city for the future.
Very recommendable.

<3
L
x

No comments:

Post a Comment