Friday, February 18, 2011

Tourist paradise


Greetings from tourist paradise - Playa Del Inglés, Gran Canaria!
Here anyone feels like home. For the Finnish we have:
Mummola
À la mummo
Iskelmäbaari
Tommy's hairdresser
Leena's souvenirs
Street Helsinki
Frederik (Linda, Linda...)
...and so much more.

I had a flight change in Barcelona and had a few min to go out and memorize a trip I had with my friend's family a few years ago:

I'm currently sitting in Mummola, a café/restaurant, surrounded by Finnish. When walking here I passed 3 Finnish families on one small road. So, I better watch out what I say. ;-)

The average tourist here is: +50years old and +80kg, man or woman. Yes, they are wearing moon bags and sandals with socks... Hardly any young people, hardly any fit people.
But it's warm and a great break. Sports, good food, beach, sun, sea...all I need. (plus schooool work)

Day 1
Arrival day
It was already late when I got to the hotel. I heard FREDERIK was about to perform in Iskelmäbaari, a Finnish bar here. Grabbed a bit to eat and went out for a walk to go find that awe-some artist. After searching for an hour, Iskelmäbaari was found. Frederik was starting and whoaa...what did I hear - his hit song about...me? Haha, well he sings Linda Linda anyway! For the price of 10€ I did not feel like staying. Not my cup of tea, even though such effort was made for finding him. Curiosity. ;-)
They have scales everywhere. Why on earth? So that +80kg's can check how much they loose weight when walking 100m?

Day2
Beach day
Went walking on the beach up to Meloneras via Maspalomas.
Noticed that there is a gay event going on here.
Few hours after +27°C
On the way to Meloneras there are many types of beach wonders.
After walking for a while I suddenly realized people around me were...naked. I had stepped on nudity ground. The nudist area continued for kilometers! People (yes, mostly the type I already described. +50years/+80kg) were walking, playing volleyball and sun bathing (didn't see anyone JOGGING though) fully incontinently. There was a dune area which I stopped at to have a break. Some XCO, running, stretching, yoga and sunbathing.
Walking continued and ta daaa I suddenly realized that everyone around me were...men. I had stepped on the rainbow flag ground.
When coming back to the hotel I noticed that sun lotion is actually a very good invention. With love Linda, who is more red than a fire truck.


Day 3
Exercise and beach
Off for a run at 8.30am. Had a stretching and yoga moment on the beach as the sun rose.
After two hours back to the hotel for a nice breakfast and...some more sleep.
The rest of the day was sun sun sun, swimming and sun.
I got a new friend, Patrick from Ireland. Fits the genre mentioned many times above... +50 and all that. ;)
And now going to head back to the hotel from Mummola for a good night's sleep.
Nice

Te gustan los animales? Si, me gustan los monos y los loros que hablan:

As red as a fire truck...or even more.

<3
Linda

2 comments: