Monday, February 14, 2011

Sushi, Birthdays, Bagels and Justin Bieber


Oh gee, what a weekend. Where to start..
Left to right: Karen "Bazuka Sambuka-bag Pocket", Esther, Vendela, Kristina, Jonas, Tina, Nina and Ida
Our weekend started of with a sushi night! I had been craving for sushi all week and ta daa, Nina and Ida had obviously read my mind as they had decided to make sushi. It was the girls..plus Jonas! Great fun preparing sushi and enjoying a super tasty meal. We were quite good sushi monsters. Have to have an other advanced sushi night again soon.
Wasabi preference zero but I hear it's a "you better eat it" -kinda thing... ehh
(2 pictures from Jonas)

The evening continued with a Mojito night which was more of a "learn more Spanish" -night for me. "Te gustan los animales?" will still remain as my favorite sentence and topic of discussion.
Apparently I sound "cute" when speaking Spanish and have a fairly good vocabulary considering how long I studied it for. These were Silvia's and Lara's words.

Saturday...even though going to sleep rather "early" on Friday I was still ever so tired on Saturday. I even fell asleep while watching Charlie Wilson's War and woke up at 10pm when I was already supposed to be elsewhere. It was Kristina's and James' Birthday party, dress code Black&White. Feeling really tired and not at all in a party mood I took a shower and finally got myself upstairs where the party was. At 1am I decided to get some energy and up up up my mood went. A fun party with great jokes.
Here the best of pictures from Saturday:
Birthday girl with our lovely musicians who sang her a nice song !
Birthday boy
Poor Silvia's cake faced an unhappy ending
Chips, anyone?
Wearing Oasis skirt and H&M top.

Lovely Ruth and Melanie!
Some AM, good night, shopping basket fun.
Today, Sunday, we went out for a coffee/breakfast with Melanie, Ruth and Katharina.
Organic tea, non-organic bagels...anyway, heavenly!
Bagels & Beans was the name of the place and it is highly recommendable! Great customer service, fresh and tasty bagels and I can speak for all of us, especially Katharina, when saying ice-coffee there is magical. Best breakfast in ages.

Do not get me wrong, party was not the only major activity of the weekend. Also sports and school work were a high percentage of my past days. (thankfully)

I'm seriously loving this minor I'm having. On Tuesday we will have a practice press conference! My team is up first. We're playing the roles of Ridley Scott, Callie Khouri, Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis. So guess which movies' press conference it is? Thelma&Louise! I'm going to be Geena Davis. (yes, the one that gets to play around with Brad Pitt)
Other students will act as the press and ask us questions. Bet it'll be fun!
How often do you go to school to watch movies? Ah, for example tomorrow from 3 to 5pm we have a "movie hour" reserved as class. Of course it's study purpose and we analyze the movies and stuff...but it's pretty damn nice and interesting.

The more different kind of things I study, the more wants and aims I have in life. Will be interesting to see where the road leads me...movies, music, or as an Albert Heijn cashier...we'll see.

G'nite,
Linda
xo

PS: Who wants to go see the JB movie with me?

4 comments:

  1. Whoo huippuu! Saanko laittaa pari noista sushi- ja bilekuvista mun facebookkiin?
    ps pakko nähä toi JB leffa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saa laittaa! ja mennään kattoo leffa hahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your site Linda !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thank you Sander! We still have a battle to face, hhaha (muscles). xx

    ReplyDelete