Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Zaterdag en zzz...zondag

On Saturday the 11th we went to Cinedans, which I posted about earlier, with Annaïs.
It was superduper cool and weird at the same time. Most of the people there were actors and directors of the movies and dressed up in the lovely indie styled clothing way - really fashionable. Loved it.
Btw De Balie is a lovely venue.
I loved how we analyzed the movies deeply after watching. Some were just pure irritation to the eyes as others were true love. Most movies, though, seemed to lack something...if the dancing was good there was something else missing like the venue, lights, music, clothing, colors, scenes, or so were awful and the other way around.
Annaïs the waffle-monster
So we went to see "Shorts 6" which consisted of 12 short movies (from 1min upto 13min at most).
FL-Air: Pretty basic, easy movie. Nice dance, easy set up. Worked but wasn't anything too hype.
Shadowed: My personal favorite. Probably the only movie, in my opinion, that had actually seemed like a proper plan had been made. Lights, location, music, colors, editing, dance and what-not were all well thought and worked perfectly. A great atmosphere in this piece. I was surprised because the dance was...tap dance! Haven't ever really been fascinated by that before.
Fresh - A Spaghetti and Fried Chicken Western: Personal fav number 2. The idea was fun and entertaining. Would definitely work better shorter and as an advertisement for Converse or Nike!
Tofu Meets Greens: I'm sorry but there was something about the music and clothing that irritated me. The clothing was just terrible; the woman's dress didn't settle at all. The scenes were pretty though, as well as nice dance and fun editing from food to dance.
Looking Forward - Man and Woman: The idea and meaning was beautiful but unfortunately that was pretty much all I liked.
HOOP: Fun. Similarities to FL-Air but much more interesting and thought through (again referring to lights, music, etc.). More of a package than FL-Air.
Falling Floral: Yeh, ugh, thankfully this one was super short. My eyes still hurt from this movie. Copypaste, neon colors, ugh what a strobo effect movie.
The Dark Corner: I liked it but I missed the dancing part? It was a dancemovie -festival, right?
Triology of Pink Girl: I was expecting more. It was pretty weird but I guess that was the whole idea.
Tachometer: Short but I liked it. The idea has been used before, or then I've seen the movie before, but somehow for me it still works. (increasing speed of video)
There Is A Place: Dancing - finally more use of hands (most movies were really feet-leg -concentrated which got a bit boring at some point). Otherwise really terrible; what was that venue all about? Super low budget you had there, or what? Should have just shot the whole movie outside in a free venue instead of using whatever classroom that was... Horror!
Vertiges: Hmm yeees, yet again a good combination of music and choreography. I think I would have liked it more, though, if it were shown before. As being the last movie and yet again one based on feet - I got bored.
In the evening it was my roommates, Daniel's, farewell+Birthday party which was a lot of fun!
I think everyone really enjoyed themselves, or at least I hope so. :-)
It's weird how time goes by so fast. Already a farewell?! Daniel take care in freezing Finland, mate!

May the force be with you!
xxx
L

And for Zondag - it was a total zzz...dag.

No comments:

Post a Comment