Friday, December 10, 2010

An unexperienced artform: Dance movies


Yesterday's Sinterklaas was cancelled for manymany reasons.
I think it was rescheduled for next weeks Thursday which might be nicer since I plan to be super healthy and well then!

So much good stuff has happened lately.
I'm superduper happy.
Just to name a few reasons:
Johanna booked her flight and is coming in January - I can not wait! You should have seen the smile on my face when she told me. Super-yay!
Tatu & Timo are also coming in January to explore Holland and will make a stop in Amsterdam, whooop! (Anne, you should come too, you know)
I was already thinking no-one is coming to visit haha!

Plus
We are going Christmas shopping with Annaïs to Amsterdam tomorrow. In addition we're gonna go see a dance movie! The Cinedance -festival is on and we're off to see "Shorts 6" which has 12 different short movies. Shall be interesting!
Here's a trailer of one:

Actually we were supposed to go see "Shorts 7" which has a Finnish movie called "An Ant/Muurahainen" by Kimmo Alakunnas but it was already fully booked.

An other reallyreally interesting movie they have is "NY Export: Opus Jazz" by Jerome Robbins.
For some reason I couldn't get the trailer on this post but you can check it straight from Youtube HERE.
Now I'm starting to regret we didn't buy tickets for Opus Jazz, hehe, since I find the trailer super cool. Ballet in sneakers - rock on!

Cinedance is on until Sunday 12th (venues: Melkweg and De Balie) - so surely go check out if you are in town Amsterdam that is!

Dance movies (and no, I'm not talking about movies such as Chicago or Step Up) are a new, unexperienced art-form for me. Am excited!

Today Chris', Kat's and Mel's German housewarming.

Have a great weekend!

Livetolinda

No comments:

Post a Comment