Sunday, October 24, 2010

Music & Media 2010 -Tampere



Wednesday - too lazy and tired to go see any gigs. There would have been:
Mars Underground
The Remins
Snowhite
Oceansize (UK)
Vessels (UK)

To be honest, I had never heard of any of those bands before!

Thursday - I went to have lunch with Peksi after which the conference started, yay! I went to various seminars which I didn't think were too good. No topics that really interested me. As Thursday was the kick-off day there weren't even that many people at the conference yet. Anyhow, the topics of the day (that I saw):
Presentation of SOA's industry research results
VAT to selling concerts - yes or no, and how many percent?
OMVF ry present: The Finnish musicvideo archive

After the lectures Puto (Mikko), Anne, Pietu and me went to hang out at Omenahotelli where Katrin, Ingrid, Matleena and Tina were staying at. From there Katrin, Inkkis and me went to see Einstürzende Neubauten who was performing again. The gig was super crazy and cool. It was the bands 30th anniversary concert. They use well interesting instruments haha!

After the gig we went to the Ilves hotel where the conference was held and there was a showcase at the hotel's club. The performers were Saurus, Maskinen (SWE) and Adam Tensta (SWE). Maskinen had an energetic show which I think was best out of all three. Unfortunately there were just a few people in the venue and the club is just the most horrible place to have a gig at because of the floorplan! But yay, Roosa came, too! And Jonas&Lauri!
Enjoying. Yes. No?
Adam Tensta
Friday - more seminars. The day was absolutely sooo much better than Thursday. 4 times more people, 10 times more interesting seminars. Too many interesting seminars and all at the same time, booo! I went to listen to (some for just a while since they were overlapping eachother):
Little Parliament: Who, what, how and why? with Nina Castren, Virpi Immonen, Wemppa Koivumäki and Karri Paleface Miettinen
Meet The New Boss: Lauri Kivinen, YLE (just sat there for 15min, wasn't that appealing to me)
Nordic Co-operation - Face the Challenges and Explore the Benefits of Crossing Borders (Which I really liked. Gave me ideas but also I found it weird how come it seems so tough to co-operate within a Nordic range and how come some thoughts haven't been implemented earlier)
Keynote: Jonathan Forster (Spotify) (as a huge "Jonathan from Spotify" -fan, this was just pure pleasure to be able to meet the man behind the voice haha! but - lets hope for the best in Spotify's future!)
Bands and Brands Creative Session - New Marketing Ideas and How to Make Them Work
The New Roles of music publishers
Celebrity Interview: Barry Dickins (ITB)


Puto, I'm sure you respect this picture <3
Gosh it's cold here!

After a long day of great seminars it was time for...eating at Amarillo and music again! Off we went with Puto to Pakkahuone&Klubi to see Kap Kap, Magenta Skycode, Iiris (EST), LCMDF, The Capital Beat, Uusi Fantasia, K-X-P, Jätkäjätkät and Villa Nah. At the gig I also saw some friends I got to know last summer at the Yyteri Beach Football -event, which was nice!
Magenta Skycode
LCMDF
Jätkäjätkät
The lovely Inkkis <3
Puto and Pietu had fun. Again.


...to be continued.

<3
L
xx

1 comment: