Sunday, October 24, 2010

Music & Media 2010: Saturday & Sunday-home

...continuation to this.

Saturday - This time the seminars included:
Keynote: Roger Mavity (Conran) (which was absolutely the best seminar of the whole weekend. Mr. Mavity definitely knows how to "do the pitch". What a great speaker! I wanna buy his "Life's a Pitch" -book and certainly suggest everyone else to buy it, too. Ooh, actually no, I don't want competition, so don't buy it. ;))
Digital Playground - The New Dynamics of Music Media  (was totally one of the worst seminars of the weekend. After listening to 30min of what is whose fave magazine and why, I just left. Couldn't be bothered. I wonder if they actually got any other debate than why one panelist doesn't like print media as much as the Internet...etc.)
Artist Panel: Reality Check 2010: What is expected from an artist and what does an artist expect? (With Sami Yaffa, Mikko Von Hertzen, Olli Korpela, Mariska and Jay. Was interesting to see how different artists expect different things and what they think about money!)
Celebrity Interview: Risto Juvonen

During the day I bumped into Jaakko at Ruohonjuuri (Bought and tasted this new coco-water thing which I forgot to take a picture of. Wasn't as tasty as I expected.)! And then...JP came hoooome! We went to eat at a really good restaurant which had all kinda Nepalese and Chinese food. Then...off to gigs again. Before I went to see the gigs I also saw a friend of JP's and the lovelylovelylovely sisters Milja and Taru along with AnniinaAnsku.
Jipsuu!
I went to see my classmates', Jonas' and Lauri's, band New Deadline play.
At Klubi I saw:
Von Hertzen Brothers
Michael Monroe
The Blanko
Biffy Clyro
Sweatmaster would have been the last act but I was way too tired to stay.
New Deadline
Mr. Monroe had quite an energetic and interesting gig. Really liked it and got a few good pics from a distance, too.
Biffy Clyro!

Sunday
Off home. Ah, mum, dad, own bed, own room, super much more choices of what to wear - clothes!
As McDo would say: I'm Lovin' It.

Except for the weather. Check this out, damn, SNOW!

xoxo
Lindaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment