Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pretty Reckless, ehh?


The Pretty Reckless
@Paradiso 9.6.2011

Wow, wow, wow.
You can not imagine the look on my face when one evening I was just clicking around the Paradiso gig calendar. The Pretty Reckless, 9.6.2011, only 11€? What what what?
Biiig smile!


I've for long been a big Taylor Momsen fan style wise.
Here you can check out some cool collages of her outfits made by people.
Rock, rock!


Taylor is one of the few who pulls of the 'panda-eye' make-up and does not make it look disturbing. And what a body that lady has!


I went to the gig alone, and enjoyed it a lot. I love going to gigs by myself! Then you can fully concentrate on the music, show and experience.
The venue was sold out and the audience was much more older than I expected. I was totally prepared for all the 15year old chicas who I thought would come and check out what the Gossip Girl 'Little-Jenny' is like IRL. But no. The audience was more like 20-30year old rockers. Men, a lot of men! Cool!!


Amazing music, voice, stage presence, band, style. Worked.
The Pretty Reckless -gig was a great example of how to do a lot by doing nothing or with very little expenses. The gig was no Britney -show with millions used on decorations and all to create a show-vibe. This was a sex, drugs and rock'n'roll -show. Not to take that too literally.
Anyhow, by just small things like asking girls to go dance on stage, the atmosphere was created. Simple but oh-so-lovable.


Yeah, Taylor might be young, but she surely has the attitude. Pure talent in performing.
A singer-actor who knows what she's doing!
Hope she won't go too insane, as, she is still youngyoungyoung.

BUT
I was in for a treat as The Pretty Endless ended their gig just so that I got the chance to sneak into Paradiso's big hall and listen to a few songs by:


The Kooks were super! The audience was going crazy to them. I only heard the last two songs but you could sense that the whole gig had been a succée. If I get the chance, they are deffos a band worth checking out live!

My gig outfit consisted of my latest favorite, accidentally perfectly ripped tights! Hha.

No comments:

Post a Comment