Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Latest music top's

What has my playlist included lately?

I'm the kind that often gets stuck on listening to one song or a few (lately become and album person and listening to whole albums) till I find a replacement, till something new comes out.
And sometimes I go back to the golden oldies.
And sometimes oldies, that are never heard before -newies for me.

Also, music guides my mood and my mood guides my music.

Album toplist:
1. Veronica Maggio 'Satan i gatan'
2. Chef'special 'One For The Mrs.'
3. Lykke Li 'Wounded Rhymes'


Some other albums that have been playing a few times:
Britney Spears 'Femme Fatale'
mostly just for the reason that it is her newest baby and a 'need' to listen for me, as an old B fan
also 'I Wanna Go' is catchy and for some reason 'Big Fat Bass' has some nice sounds
anyhow, the album is not the most 'sit at home listening to' -kind, so it doesn't get played that often

Miley Cyrus 'Can't Be Tamed'
Should I not have mentioned this?;-)
But yeah, for some reason I added Miley's last, 2010 released, album on my playlist.
No, it's not a daily listen but a few songs have a good feel and are enjoyable.
'Stay' is a really good song. I love it how Miley always has at least one slow song on her albums, which in my opinion work amazingly with her. Like how many times have I listened to 'When I Look At You' or 'The Climb'. And those songs have been used extremely well in synching with movies.
...did I just reveal my love for teenage movies?

Anna Abreu 'Hysteria'
Never been into Ms. Abreu before this new album came along. 'Hysteria' is just really catchy and a solid song. Works. Plus a strong open on the CD. 'Broken Kind Of Good Love' sounds really international. The very first beats have a Katy B -vibe. 'Send You Packing' - I thought it was Robyn's song when I first heard the beginning. How Robyn is that! It's cool.

Lady GaGa 'Born This Way'
'Marry The Night' is my album favorite. Otherwise, the album has many I dislike. Plus the lyrics get more random and random all the time. I guess it also kind of keeps up the interest. "What has she written about this time..."

...and the latest newcomer, that I was introduced to 2 days ago.

Asaf Avidan and The Mojos 'Poor Boy / Lucky Man'
Asaf has an amazingly unique voice. Sounds so fragile but surprises to always stay put and keep the wanted tune. Calm music. Still need to listen through the album a couple of times to make a stronger opinion. First impression is touchy.



Song toplist (not including ones in the above mentioned albums):
1. Lene Marlin - Here We Are
2. Rebecca & Fiona - Bullets
3. Rebecca & Fiona - Luminary Ones
4. Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow
5. The Killers - Mr. Brightside
6. Thomas Dybdahl - From Grace
7. Katy Perry - Thinking of You (oh actually Katy's 'Teenage Dream' album as a whole is great and most of the 'One of the Boys' album works really well, too...Can't wait to hear what she comes up with next!)
8. Alexandra Stan - Mr. Saxobeat
9. Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
10. Nina Simone - Feeling Good




...not forgetting other great albums like anything from Explosions In The Sky, This Will Destroy You, Helios...and many that I've mentioned in earlier music related posts.

But, these are the latest HC listen to's.
Now to search for new tunes ->
There is so much good stuff out there. So much talent, so much creativity, so much beauty!

<3
L

No comments:

Post a Comment