Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rome Rooma Roma


I spent last week in Rome with my friend J-P!
The weather was amazing. The architecture was super. The food was yummy.
More posts coming up, but here day one with my pictures.


DAY 1
So, we went to Rome without no idea of accommodation or...anything. Neither of us had actually read anything about the city. And only a few hours before JP's flight left my mum asked us if we were even flying to the same airport. Yea. I didn't even think there would be more than one airport. Thankfully we flew to the same one.

We took a bus from the Fiumicino airport to the center and started our hotel/hostel search.
The first thing I realized was I was wearing tooo much cloooothes. But the second thing I noticed was that the locals were wearing WAY too much clothes. Hey seriously, +30°C and a thick coat? Mum taught me to wear warm clothes but...she also taught me discretion.

We did not get in trouble. Just lost. Rome felt reaaally really confusing at first.

First pizza of the trip. Love Linda who used to hate pizza.

Finally, after searching searching and searching for a hostel/hotel we talked to a guy at a restaurant who called his friend and arranged a room for us for 50€ right in the center! We were searching for something even more cheaper but after all the walking around with our backpacks, yeah, 50€ was a great deal.

And it was time to check out other places than the China-town of Rome.
Probably my favorite building out of all touristic attractions in Rome.

We saw quite a lot that evening. In the end, Rome is really easy and nice to walk around. Many historical buildings right next to one and other. We walked soooo much. Blisters...

xo
Linda

PS:
The coolest thing in Rome is definitely their water system! Anyone can drink...anywhere!
Amazingggg.

Song of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment