Sunday, April 24, 2011

Amsterdam from up high


As it's Amsterdam, the title of this blog post might give some mixed thoughts...so let me explain.

I guess it's an Easter thing, as it seems that all cities I've visited this week in Holland have had a funfair going on.
On Wednesday I called up Vendela and her brother: "Hey hey hey, I really want to go on this ride and see Amsterdam from above. It's just too high that my mum won't join."
I got the two to join me and so we went. Up, up and go!


It was so cool! (Unlike the price of the ride...) High up, checking out the Dam, looking at all the tiny people as they made their way to the station, trying to spot the buzz of the red light without luck and feeling the wind give a nice fresh feel to the hot hot hot day.
Oh, and yes, the ride was these swings that go up and around! I've never seen them go so high up, though. An Amsterdam high special? Jooookes.


After, I took mum for lunch to the cutest cafeteria, which we also went to with Ellu.
The usual - CoCo and pancake. YUMMM.
Plus mum's bacon salad. I might have had a little bite...

We were going to go to Anne Frank's house, but oh the queue! It's massive. I really, highly, recommend to go there the first thing in the morning. Queue a bit before it opens. Or then just wait in line for 45min at any other time of the day.
Might have had a break from life. And queueing. Hello world!

Fed up with waiting, we decided to go do a quick round to a few shops.
And check out the RLD ofc!
And go for "a coffee", in this case: ice-cream.
Cafe option nro1 wasn't that tempting with a little birdie at the hoods, too.
Cafe nro 2, which was also visited with Ellu, was amazing as always. This time: mango + ACAI (!!) ice-cream. Oh, and btw, they make their products out of organic milk. I have to check out the name of the place next time.
In the evening we did make it to Anne Frank's house, which I found really interesting.
For all non-museum+art gallery+etc fans, just like myself, I think Anne Frank's house is probably the best and most interesting option in Amsterdam. Unless you are into the history of beer and want to check out the Heineken Experience.

And for the Finn's + others that understand
Loppukevennys:
Ja että ihan patsas omistettu lausahdukselle.

x
L

2 comments:

  1. eka aattelin että mudfire, mut sit hetkonen hahahah ei saakeli! ja anne frank ja heineken on iha parhaita damissa!

    warning! unless you're really into van gogh, don't go there! booooring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha damn, kerroit liian myöhään. kävin kans ite todistamassa kuinka tylsä voi art gallery olla. tais gallerian vahditkin olla samaa mieltä, kun näyttivät ihan nukkuvalta mister beanilta siellä. huhheijaa. eikä se taidekaan nyt mitään kovin upeaa mun silmille ollut. yks hieno painting oli - mustista maihareista!

    ReplyDelete