Monday, April 18, 2011

Flowers, parades and climbing


So the Finnish election votes have been counted.
Congratulations Timo Soini for getting the most votes. 43212, that's quite something.
I won't comment the upcoming 4 years of Finnish politics in any other way, at least for now.
Reading everyones Facebook status' with a nodding head is 'nuff said.
___________
______
__

Weekend.
Was calm.
As I'm still having my after cold cough and runny nose, I stayed in quite a bit.
Was getting waaay tooo boooring yesterday night, so I asked Scott, Karen and Tina to join to check out the flower parade.

Even though I'm not the biggest flower fan, it was quite impressive to see all the decorations.
The theme this year was music and musicals, or something like that. There were flower cars with Mary Poppins, Cabaret, West Side Story, Abba, and my favorite: Alice In Wonderland.

It was already dark and 11pm so we couldn't get good pictures.
We went back this morning with Annaïs and Nerea. The pictures didn't turn out too good today either. Just soooo many people around!

As the weather was amazing once again, we wanted to eat outside at V&D café. Tried the YUMMY hot chocolate made out of real chocolate bits and nice tomato soup. V&D has a lot of organic food. ;) ...but unfortunately I just can't taste anything. I want to get my taste backkkk!

On the way back to Grote Markt we bumped into beauty-Yana and her friend. Lovely street musicians.

Crazy stuff happening in town! It felt more like carnival than it did when the actual carnival was on.

Stroopwaffel ice-cream for dessert. Why do I eat that stuff when I can't taste? Pointless.

We went for a walk to Elswout with Karen.
Which turned into a three hour adventure!

The deers were mean to each other. One bit fur of an other. I'm sure that one was just jealous for not getting as much flowers to eat from us as the other one did.
Natural nature sneeze.

New hobby: root climbing.

Karen with her magic wand and erm, walking stick.

Our fairyland. Larping hoods.

If anyone saw me and Karen climbing over a fence to get out of Elswout to an other part of the Nature Park, we are greatly delighted to give you all the laughs you most likely got. We made it and are in perfectly fine condition. Despite the fact that Karen really dislikes spikes...and my shoes are slightly dirty. All's good.

Presentation in the morning.
Did I already mention that my new minor, The X Factor of Innovation, began?
We are arranging an event. (for the ones who know - it's like CE again but in 6weeks.)

G'nite,
Linda
xoxo

ps. annaïs always takes me to bad places. shopping. h&m. i might have done a few cute purchases. oops.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha elswout Rocks! I've been comming there for 20 years now, have you been at the big building in the middle? there's a lot of history there!

    xx

    roy

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyy roy!! yeh, it's amazing! i love it. the building is being renovated so haven't been in yet. hopefully it will open during summer ! x

    ReplyDelete