Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saint Schoolwork's Day

GYM GYM!

Running has become my top like to do thing lately. Can't understand how! I've always been saying how much I hate it but lately I've felt like going for a run all the time. The only thing I reallyreally miss is having a mp3. Should go and buy that iPod I've been thinking of buying for what, 3years or so!

This morning was supposed to be a 'wake up super early and do/continue a lot of important duties' -one. Well it was, nearly. Yesterday we just got stuck with playing spin the bottle with Kristina, Esther, Petteri, Batu, Can and Vince. I was supposed to go to sleep early and thought that it was something like 11ish or 12ish when Esther shouts "Whaaaat theee, it's already 2am!"
Before going to sleep I felt like watching a movie. From out of the blue came the idea of watching Requiem for a Dream. Had never seen that before, and actually didn't even finish it since I fell asleep after 10min it seems! Gonna have to finish it some other day because at least the first 10min seemed interesting - I think.

Ooh, and now I have to say...Yesterday (Friday 17th) must have been the most unbelievable school day ever. I have never experienced anything so ... can't even find the word. In pure rage - it was total crrrapito! Our songwriting lecture in a nutshell:
Teacher (about a youtube video of his band): "Yeaaah, this is my band. Here we are playing. Oh, look, that's me playing."
Teacher: "This is one musician who has had a huge influence on me. Lets hear what he has to say about songwriting."
Teacher: "Oh, okay, hmm. Well, as a speaker he sure isn't that talented but yea, he's a great musician."
Teacher: "Songwriting.. well first some people kinda like jam and then it goes from there. You first get the chords and stuff, then figure the melody and then comes the hard part - lyrics. Yeah, that's how you do a song."

I'm sorry but WHAT? Are we in Uni or are we six years old? Isn't that first of all obvious or if not, it's not important - is it? Don't people write their songs in what ever way they want to. For example my piano and guitar skills are so nonexistent that all I am capable of doing is writing lyrics and that's how I start (and end :-D) the process. I doubt whether you write the lyrics or jam and get some chords first has got anything to do with making a hit song for example. Gaaah, I felt so speechless (yes, in a bad way) after that lecture. Was that seriously the meaning of lecture "songwriting"?
But. Otherwise school has been great and I think I'm learning more than ever and have just the right motivation for it!

But yeeees, that was yesterday. Plus I got a years' phone subscription. Oh, and did some shopping! Whoop! In London I saw the most perfect shoes in H&M. Yes, H&M! How weird. Anyhow, I didn't buy them and have regretted the decision ever since. I tried to find similar ones here in Haarlem (from other shops than H&M because I wanted real leather boots and better quality ones) but didn't find any good ones. Then yesterday I marched into H&M and finally bought them cutieees!


Never have I owned wedges before. I think. I just haven't really liked them. But now - yes, those were simple and perfect. I already have so many outfits ready thought of with which I'll wear my wedges.

Also an other long lasting process has been to find "the perfect jeans". The criteria has been that they must be dark blue and surprise surprise fit perfectly meaning they have to be the right length (love linda, who will def. not touch a sowing machine) and they are not allowed to scrubble up on the leg - at least not alot. So they have to be "tight and smooth".

H&M surprises again. 9,95€ and I think, I've found the perfect jeans!
(Ok, I think so pretty often but then the jeans appear to be a major disappointment after a month or two. Hope I'm not wrong with these jeans because at least the price is shocking! Won't be too much of a disappointment if they appear to be bad after all.)

Today everyone is going for the ESN Booze Cruise. I decided not to go because otherwise I'll have a massive pile of schoolwork to do soon. I want to get them out of the way.
Plus wasn't that into going booozing, having such a good fitness mode on right now haha!

Today's smoothie, the fruit pleasure:

- 1/2 banana
- 1 orange
- 2 slices of a fresh pineapple
- 1 apple
- some fruit juice
- cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of MSM-powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of quality salt
- 2 bitter apricot kernels
- teaspoonful of Maca -powder
- some pollen
- water

plus a couple of nuts on the top


Now back to enjoying school assignments!

xxx
Linda
ooo

1 comment: