Thursday, September 9, 2010

The country where everything is done the hard way

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!


Today is a sunny day, finally. No rain yet either, loving it! Anyway - some Dutch wisdom for you:

In Holland you should never expect to get what you want easily.

When going shopping you usually bump into the problem that you can't buy/pay because you don't have a Dutch credit card. Exceptions are bigger international brands like H&M, Vila, and so. Now it comes to your mind that, well what about cash then - right? Well, usually they take cash, yes, but today I bumped into the most weirdest and stupidest shop ever. I finally found the most perfect food shop to fulfill my grocery needs - a whole organic store with long searched for goji- and inca -berries. But guess what? They didn't take cash, neither did they take cards from other countries than Holland. What is their business idea? Please, come on! I hope I understood them totally wrong - I can't believe it's true. Going to have to go there again some other day and try once more with my Finnish Visa. I just can't believe it would be true, who on earth would even have that kind of an idea "won't sell for other than Dutch credit card holders". Blah!

Anyway, yesterday I went to the bank and am now waiting for my Dutch credit card to arrive. When I get it, I can finally go to places without carrying cash with me. Also, I can finally get a mobile deal and aah, life will be so much more easier. But believe me, getting a Dutch account isn't too easy either. Nothing happens in seconds, in minutes, in days even. We're talking about a week or weeks. Oh boy!

Yesterday I also went gym searching. First to this elite super coolio nice gym but the price wasn't so coolio. After I found myself from a bodybuilders gym on the other side of town that cost only 20e (for women). Was pretty scary even though everyone welcomed me very friendlily. I felt like I'd got lost to a sweat smelling prison guys' gym. Doubt I'll find myself going to work out there, no matter the cheap prise haha! Or well, maybe I'd get some private training lessons and I'd be fit in no time. Okay, maybe not. Even the owner (a former bodybuilder) said "I guess this isn't what you are looking for. But hey, it's cheap for you!". Yeah, dude, you hit the right bucket on that one!


Live from Linda,
Linda
xxxo


No comments:

Post a Comment