Thursday, August 12, 2010

Countdown 9


Hel-lo,

To be exact I would have to say it is already countdown 8 since my Finnish clock is already 00:21. I think I timed my blog to be in Dutch time so blog-wise it's still 9 days to go!


I started packing already a week ago when I had to take most of my stuff back to my home in eastern Finland. That was only attempt number 1. For the summer I've been living at my friends house in Vantaa, and today I've had my packing attempt number 2. I'm not going home anymore so basically I should try and fit all my belongings with but oh boy... so not happening! (Thankfully I can leave some of my stuff here at my friend's until my parents come and get them.) Already now I have one suitcase full of clothes, one suitcase full of shoes, belts, bags, electronics and who knows what, a plastic bag with a blender, one bag with "important papers" and a handbag, not forgetting also computer/s (1 or 2? I need both!). Yet still there are many plastic bags and a suitcase laying around. I need to leave out some clothes or otherwise the guys will have to sit on my bags in the car. Wouldn't be a bad idea, though, ha ha.
Not to forget...our Holland-home has been bought. Today I bought a 14€ (discounted, people, discounted) tent from work. It says it fits 3adults plus 1child but I wouldn't be too sure about that. At least not when it's me we're talking about! I'll be rolling in the tent as much as I can. But at least we now have two choices for home - the car and tent.



Besides work, shopping and packing I haven't really done much today. Ohh, except, I actually have been a great child today and bought mum a present. She doesn't know about me being a great daughter, yet, and most likely doesn't know about or read this blog, yet, so she won't find out about her present this way either. Hardly ever do I buy something "just for fun" but today I had my "I want to show mummy my love before I leave" -moment. I will send her the little something via mail tomorrow. Hope she likes it! The it is ... facial cream. For +40year olds. Just had to add that.

Also my great French friend Thibaud, better known as Tipu, sent me some atmospheric pictures today of the previous weekend we spent in Jäppilä with friends. I've added a few to show what my summer has been like and what I will miss in Finland. Family, friends, the warmth of this summer, lake, clay-island, rye bread...

I've been having "påsar under ögonen" for a few days so now I'm off to bed to get a good night sleep.

Live from and with love,
Linda
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment