Tuesday, August 31, 2010

XXXO

Good evening/night, folks.

Yesterdays trip to Amsterdam was really nice despite the Dutch weather. I think it has actually been raining every single day of my stay. The weather changes so randomly, it can be sunny and warm and suddenly start raining even though the sun is still shining. You can't really forecast the weather at all. In A'dam we had the most hilarious guide ever, Julian. He told the most boring things in the most interesting way. We went to see the red light district of which I unfortunately have no pictures of. It's prohibited to take pictures there (at least of the girls). The district wasn't such a shock to me. Expected for something way more shocking. Must be because of our daytime visit, though. Maybe it's a bit more exciting and shocking during night. But yeah, you could see people of all kind, all interest and style exploring the streets of red light. Anyways, it mostly being a tourist attraction.
Interesting shop before turning to the red light district
On Dam Sqaure

After the tour I felt freezing cold so I decided to head back to Haarlem with a few of the ESN -people and three other exchangies. I went to have Sunday Dinner (which was our tradition with some exchangies and locals in Jyväskylä) with Yana, Alex, Ally, Puto, Petteri, Heikki and Pekka. It was great to finally have some time to sit down and hang out with them and hear about how they were.

Sunday Dinner dessert
Today I did some shopping with my Brit -friends. We went to search for all kinds of stuff from Ikea furniture to internet cables (ooh, and some clothes, too). After all the shopping Ally, Puto, Pekka, Petteri and Heikki came over to see my apartment and have a little chittychatty (and Ikea cake!). Ally and Puto are leaving for Breda tomorrow so it'll be October when I see them next. Will miss my sis 'n' bro (no matter how much Puto likes teasing me with picking his eye and with his "boo" -shouts).

Tomorrow I start school with the international music publishing course. Thankfully there are Heikki, Petteri, Ida and Nina on the same course so I'm not totally lost with everything!:-)

Good night y'all!

xxxo
L

PS: When A, P, P, P and H were leaving my place they found a little friend outside the door. Thankfully Scott came to the rescue!
New pet

No comments:

Post a Comment