Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Countdown 10

O ou.

It's the 10th of August. I was about to write April. Seem to have my oh-so-great English day today. Again. Had it yesterday, too. Oh, and the day before.
Anyway. 10 days till blast of.

I'll start off with some background information about what brings me here, here and now.

I'm a 19-year old girl studying in Jyväskylä, Finland. After I graduated from highschool my University/Applied Sciences University criterias were: school placed in Finland, has to be an English programme, business related and music related. Having either business or music would have been easy to find but would I have ever thought I'd find a combination of those four? No, but I did! By accident I ran into this degree programme while applying for different business schools in English. The moment of discovery was one of those "too good to be true, how come all this good stuff is happening to me" -kind of ones. And yes, I am serious, and yes, I am really talking about school. So, here I am, starting my third year in the Degree Programme of Music and Media Management in JAMK University of Applied Sciences...or to be precise Hogeschool InHolland Haarlem!

I am leaving with two guys from my class. As I already mentioned, 10 days till blast of. With great mathematical skills I am sure you have, by now, calculated our departure date. For those who are having slight problems here's a little help: We leave on the 20th of August.
Since I'm a girl who loves fashoin, you can imagine my packing problems. This is one of the main reasons I decided I want to travel by car. I can fit a whole lot more stuff with me! WHOOPIE YAY! This means me and the guys are leaving with my car and taking a ferry from Helsinki to Rostock. The ferry leaves at 7pm and will be in Rostock 26hours later. Do your math. On the 22nd we will start our drive. We have no clue yet what our plan is, whether to stop on our way or drive straight to Haarlem. Anyway, we have to be in Haarlem latest on the 24th.
Not planning our trip precisely is not the only hintch of excitement we have but guess what...10 days to go and yet we still don't have an apartment! Our idea is to sleep somewhere (tent, car, crash at someones place, hostel, cabin...we are good with whatever) for the end of August and at the same time agressively search for an apartment to rent starting from September. We'll see how that goes! Some excitement to life.

If anyone knows an apartment in Haarlem suitable for 3students plus one student/worker/whatyouare_idontknow ((we will have a 4th member of clan joining us later on) = 4 in total), we would be greatful to hear more.

Now, though, I am still spending my last summer days working in the city of  Espoo. My plans are to still hug as many friends as I can, earn some money for the upcoming study-year, pack, have emotionwaves "yes I want to go, oh no I don't" and do as little shopping as possible since I already know I can't fit all of my stuff with me to Holland and I have no idea how to get them back to my hometown which is 4hours from where I'm placed now. Panic.

Anypoo,
Life is wonderful and so are you,

xoxo
Live from,
Linda
_________________________________________________
This blog will act as a diary of my journey. I will share my experiences, the good and bad, the boring and exciting and what not. Also, I'm pretty sure my interests in life shall be highly noticed from the texts I write; e.g. fashion, music and food. Comparing life and people in Finland and Holland will surely be a key point.

1 comment:

  1. Erittäin hyvä idea! Tästä sytyn.

    Anna rokken rollin soida! ;)

    ReplyDelete