Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First day & Stiels


School started today! Cool. I'm taking a minor called "International Music Publishing". Some of the things I've learnt before but there's also some new parts. Everything is taught via the Dutch publishers and collecting societies and all - so I learn about them, too. For example in Finland the royalty collecting organization of performance rights is called TEOSTO and in the Netherlands it is BUMA(/STEMRA). Our teacher seemed really interesting and she has her own company in the field that I'm really interested in, music supervising. You can read more about her company from here: http://www.solidasarock.eu/?language=english.


My classmates from Finland, Hanna and Roosa, told me to get to know some people they got to know during their exchange here in Haarlem. After a lot of Facebook communication with Hanna's and Roosa's friends, we finally had a face-to-face meet-up today! We went to a jazz(ish) bar called Stiels with Irma and my roommate Daniel to hear some INHolland students perform. At Stiels we bumped into Chris and ESN-Roger. Unfortunately had to leave the good-atmosphered venue early enough to get a good nights sleep.

Irma&Chris
School again at 8.30 so now off to bed!

XoX
L

No comments:

Post a Comment