Saturday, August 28, 2010

Homeless nomore


Aaah, it's Saturday and life is good. I already started to feel depressed and fed up with live but yesterday changed it all hahah!

A lot has happened and I don't know where to start. Since my last post is from Wednesday, maybe I'll start off with Thursday. Basically nothing interesting happened. Just went to pick up Pakke, Pekka (Petteri's friend), from the airport. He will also study in Holland for half a year. In school we had a mini Dutch course and now I feel pretty pro. Not. The language is so hard with all of its' "rrrhh" -sounds. I'll just stick with saying "hoi and hallo". I do want to learn a bit, though, since I'm here!

On Friday morning we woke up eeeearly. Off we went for an excursion to Flora Holland. It's a flower auction place. The way the auction works was interesting to see but in total the trip didn't really fascinate me that muchos. I'm not a real big fan of flowers. After the trip, still homeless, I decided to just take a student housing apartment. Even though I thought it was the one and only thing I was never going to do. (boycotting the ridiculous price of rent and just not wanting to be in a student house with nopeacewhatsoever) But. I did it. After loooads of application problems, payment problems, paperwork problems and false number problems I finally got the apartment. Had to drive to an other city to get the keys but I couldn't have been happier - getting an apartment in just one day, pure luxury.

Loving how it took me 40min to drive a few kilometers.
Holland and its' rush hours. <3

Anywhoooo, problems didn't end there. I was ever so happy to finally get to my new apartment, I had planned to take a shower, maybe sleep a little and all but...no. My luck, no. I had been given the wrong keys! I tried and tried to open the door to my room but it wouldn't open. The key said 58E but under that there was an old pencil written text 58B. I went to knock on the B-door but nobody answered. Then I tried opening it and tadaaa - sesame opened. It was already passed 5pm so all the DUWO -offices were closed and I didn't know what to do. Thankfully a Finnish girl I've got to know here, Hilla, passed by. She had some numbers to where I could call. The only one who could help was from the "SOS" -number. They said they would have to come and break the lock to get me in and then replace it with a new one. In one hour I got into my room and am now a pro at breaking locks just by looking at Mr. Sos do it. What an educational day I had.



ESN, (student organization taking care of exchangies) arranged the exchange students a put crawl in the evening which I attended. I joined the others a bit later after first going to IKEA to buy some stuff for the apartment. The pub crawl was really nice and I finally got to know some of the exchange students. I've felt a bit outsiderish because we haven't really attended any things the others have done before. All the people seem really nice. Already during the flower auction I got to know two really lovely Norwegian girls who study MMM, just like me and in addition to them I've also gotten to know 2 Brittish buys and a Brazilian guy who all three live in the same apartment as me. We have a shared kitchen slash livingroom but our own rooms and toilets. Then there are two Finnish girls Hilla and Eveliina who are really nice! Not forgetting the funny ESN members! Haha.

Hilla, James, Eveliina
My apartment mates Scott, James, Daniel
ESN Peter and Norwegian friends


I'm really starting to love Holland and can't wait what this year will bring! Feelin'. Good.

Enjoy life.
Love,
L
x

PS: ALLI AND PUTO ARE HERE! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment