Friday, March 30, 2012

OSLO, man!


Halla fra Oslo city ass!

I arrived yesterday and I've already been up to a lot and met manymanymany people. The one thing I haven't done is taken photos. Wanted to enjoy a day of sun, skate and freedom.

So once I got to Ingar's apartment I unpacked my longboards, put on the trucks and we headed out to skate. Skated to town to arrange all kinds of stuff like get a bus card, try and arrange my social security number and bank stuff but everything except the bus card was a flop. Hopefully I'll get the rest done soon! Just need to get some documents filled in first.

The weather was amazing. Wearing a hoodie, skating down huge hills (huge for me) on a Penny, trying to look cool with sunglasses on my head...yeah - can't complain! Seeing about 30 longboarders in a day isn't that bad either. Unfortunately the culture just seems to be veeery different to what it was in London. In London everyone always said hi when they saw someone with a longboard. It was kinda like a community and social activity. In Oslo longboards seem to be more of a transport method. At least from what I've seen now. But that's ok, I'm sure I can find the social side of it, too!

In the evening we had a party. Oh man, like 30 people came to celebrate the end of exams and start of Easter holiday. Or to welcome me to Norway? Hah. Well, probably not as I knew hardly any of them. ;-) Fun night, fun people!

I get the keys to my apartment and move on April 1st. Exciting! Now I just need to find furniture. Let the search begin.

Hope Oslo hasn't stolen all the sun in the world! Though I wouldn't complain...
Think I'm going out for a skate.

xo
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment