Friday, March 23, 2012

Get prepared


Okay, is it way too much to write one post per Cuba-day? There's so much to tell, so many pictures to show. Get ready for this blog to turn 'Go Cuba' for a couple of weeks.

We returned early Wednesday morning. Took a taxi to the hotel we'd stayed at before leaving and drove back home to Varkaus. The level of tiredness was beyond describable. A lunch break in Lahti didn't help for more than 15minutes. Stomach ache didn't help the situation either. Neither did the feeling of wanting to vomit my brains out, or the flu-ish feel that was attacking out of the blue. A 20min nap in Mikkeli just made things worse and it was only when we got to Juva that my eyes started to understand that being closed isn't the only function they know how to do. Made it back home alive and managed to stay awake till the evening - trying my best to avoid the heavy jet lag I felt hitting me.

Now I'm blessed with a crazy cold, and visiting school in Jyväskylä for the last time in a long while (till I return my thesis?). Been lucky enough to meet up with a few friends again but now my focus should switch to the 'start writing thesis' -side.
(Btw I'm confused: How could I catch a cold in Cuba? Excuse-moi? My brain feels like it's somewhere up up up in the sky and eyes feel like they're digging deep deep deep in the ground.)

Anyway, get ready for more pictures of cute Cubanitos, old American cars, Che, beach, nature, random people and music.

Also, as I already told in my previous post - I'm packing again.
Why? I'm moving to Oslo, Norway on Thursday. It's been an exciting year and continues to be. I'll tell you more later. Lets get these Cuba stories out first. ;-)

<3
Linda

2 comments: