Monday, March 5, 2012

This post is all about stoke. Critical Mass: February, London.


Just by looking at this first picture: Can you believe that this was the best skate so far? The best skate ever?

London will forever be my longboarding home.
Look at those people! Aren't they just great?

To the point:

Critical Mass February, London


My second CM. Hopefully not last.
They better have Critical Mass in the city/cities I live in the future. If not. Hey - I'm so arranging.
If the concept of Critical Mass is unfamiliar to you, read my post of my first CM in October here. From that post you can also find a video I made of the event.


The mass never has a point of direction nor a certain destination, it just goes and it flows.
It always starts at South Bank, near Waterloo station and usually goes past St. Pauls Cathedral.
Bombing Oxford Street, continuing on to Regent Street or Park Lane is also a very common route. And the best part of the mass. It's crazy how crazy the tourists get! Snapping pictures and cheering at us with amazed faces. People asking 'what is this all about?' and looking confused as...heaven.
Critical Mass feels good.

My favorite part of the mass was as we rode down Regent Street, continued towards Leicester Square, turned down to Haymarket and continued on Pall Mall ending up at Trafalgar Square. Long downhill. Smooth. Skating down Haymarket the fastest I've ever had the courage to go. Adrenaline rush.
Perfection.

Talent show on Trafalgar Square. ;-)

If you skate and go to London, do contact these amazing and talented people. You can do it by for example joining/contacting this group on Facebook: London Longboards. Or by reading and contacting via the London Londboards Blog here. They will be more than happy to take you along to skate sessions all around the city. You should most definitely go to London for a weekend during CM time, which is always the last Friday of the month. A skate at Critical Mass will redefine your understanding of the words stoke, community, friendship, kindness, help and fun. And I will be jealous that I won't be there to join you.

<3
Linda
xxx

3 comments: