Sunday, March 4, 2012

Franco @Purple Turle, Camden


Franco @The Purple Turtle, London
23.2.2012

My last London gig was a night at the Purple Turtle with Franco, an artist who came to record at The Animal Farm during my internship period. I'd promised Franco I'd go see him before I leave - promise fulfilled. On my very last days.

Matleena and I got a ride to the gig from boss Mat. As soon as we got to Camden, where the gig was, I thought 'damn, why didn't I come here more often? for gigs, for parties, for anything.'
I guess that's a normal thought, no matter how often you do something. ;-)

Beth was surely enjoying the evening!

Other Farm colleagues came too. An other 'should have' -thought I just got: Why is there no group picture?


I decided to go all experimental with the camera.
It was nice to hear songs played live that I'd earlier heard being recorded in the 'Farm studios.
Was good to sing along.

Franco has an exciting voice. You can kind of hear his Manchester accent but on the same time you just think 'what is that special twist'?
His music is calming and makes you think. By that you can probably guess that I like his lyrics. Powerful songwriting.
Find him on Facebook here.

This evening was all in all so great. I was surrounded by very lovely people!
Not only colleagues but also the greatest, most curly haired, super exchange friend Chris was visiting London and joined us to the gig!
Felt so funny to meet up in a totally different environment than Holland or Finland.
At a gig in London.
When really we should have been in Haarlem, Holland. At Patronaat. Stagediving. Crowdsufing. Singing: 'We are..your friends. You will never be alone again.'


<3
L


Listen here: Franco and the Dreadnought - Last Man Standing Piano Version

2 comments: