Sunday, March 11, 2012

BBQ @Erik's


Couldn't have spent my last full day, Sunday February 26th, in a better way.

Johannes invited Karen and me to join him to a BBQ at his friend, Erik's, house. Tina had come to London with her sister, too! Exchange friends re-unite!
As London's weather at the time was amazing, +15°C, we couldn't say no. Well, we couldn't have anyway. ;-)

I doubt I've ever had a barbecue in February before.

Karen and me couldn't find a shop when we got to Paddington station. Probably still blinded by the previous night out. We ended up getting chicken from a local fastfood restaurant.


Erik lives on top of the station. How cool is that?! The weirdest thing was that we couldn't even hear the noises of the tubes.
So, we literally had a barbecue on top of a tube station. Never done that before either.


After eating we decided to watch a movie: The Island. I found it pretty good! Funnily, as I usually am not at all interested in Sci-Fi movies.
IMDb describes: "A man goes on the run after he discovers that he is actually a "harvestable being", and is being kept as a source of replacement parts, along with others, in a Utopian facility."

Karen and I couldn't get over how funny Francesco is. Situation comedy. He makes us laugh no matter if he means to or not. A guy whose words you just have to hear in order to understand how he makes us feel.
Constance had found sunglasses on the floor of her Uni on a sunny day. Francesco's reaction: 'Do you really use them? Ew, that's disgusting.'

Erik brings ice-cream, Francesco's face gets an 'is this real' sort of look, Francesco runs away and chucks his gum in the bin, runs back and asks: 'Can I have one? I love ice-cream!' ...yeah, we noticed.

Francesco's comments about his favorite football team loosing a game: 'I'm so sad. So upset. I can't change team though, because football is like love. You can't just not love and change the team.'

Francesco wants to enjoy the sun. He finds a spot where the sun just about reaches his forehead. Comment: 'Ah, this is so warm! So lovely. My hands are warm.' A moment later he continues... 'Oops, the heat came from the grill.'

And the list goes on. Amazing. Lovely. I think he just made my weekend.

...and then it was time to head home, back to Finland.

<3
L

3 comments: