Monday, April 2, 2012

Oslo life


Exciting!
I've now moved in to my new apartment.

About Thursday, the day I arrived to Oslo, click here.
Friday I came to visit the new apartment and had dinner with Tina, my friend from exchange and new house mate. ;-)

Saturday I moved in. Bought a bed and brought it to the apartment after which is was Ikea time. Then back home to arrange the room and start unpacking my bags. Everything went faster than expected and so it was time to go to a gig of three Norwegian artists/bands that I hadn't really listened to before (does it count if I listened during the time I was arranging my room?). Actually very good gigs, a couple of very good singers and amazing atmosphere - the Norwegian really love their music. ;-) Plus, have you ever got cupcakes after a gig? Yeah, well at this gig you did!

The artists/bands were:
Mikhael Paskalev (might get interesting if he plans on making an international career as 'paska' means 'shit' in Finnish)
Jonas Alaska (who had a very Amish -style going on in his clothing)
Team Me (probably the best ending of a gig I've seen, very powerful)


Sunday we went out into the woods with J-Lo and Ingarito.



And today, Monday, I've been doing the groceries for the first time. How much does chevre cost in Finland? Cos the cheapest, and only, one I found in the store today was 34NOK = 4,5€ for 120g.
At least I got to eat my salad craving of the month: honey chevre salad with avocado and tuna. Whilst checking out the album of new Finnish little superstar: Robin.


Any Finns living in Oslo and reading my blog? Any suggestions for where to meet around my age Finns in Oslo? For the first time I am in an environment where I don't know any other Finns and can't speak Finnish, my mother tongue.

Anyway, now I'm off to meet some of Tina's friends. Norwegians!

Feels like the weekend just continues going on and on...
xoxo
Linda

6 comments:

  1. I met some people by going to events at the Finnish-Norwegian Culture Institute:

    http://www.finno.no/

    You can also try Suomi-Seura Oslo, though I've never been:

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suomi-Seura-Oslo/243534932353269

    Other than that most of the people I met in Oslo were Norwegian and the few Finns I met through work for example happened to be a quite a bit older than I. Not that I minded and we still hung out and are good friends!

    Finally, try couchsurfing. Always good for meeting people from everywhere really.

    <3 Marlina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips Marlie! I think I'll start missing speaking Finnish at some point. :-)

      Delete
  2. mitäs ihmettä, jotenkin luulin että Team me on hollantilainen, oon nimittäin menossa kattoon niitä belgialaisille festareille! mut joo, hyvä kuulla et ne on sit ihan jees:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jep, norjalaisia ovat. :-) Ja keikka oli kyl ihan jepa! Lopetus tosiaan melkoisen voimakas. Tosin vähän erilainen meno varmasti kuin 'normi' keikalla, koska nyt oli tollainen yhdistelmäkeikka ja kaikki vaan kipus lavalle. Mut eiköhän ne saa festareillakin jalat heilumaan. :-)

      Delete