Monday, December 26, 2011

look at that, just a nearly 30degrees difference to last year.


Set 1 of my Christmas time photos.

This Christmas was very enjoyable. Well spent with family and friends.
Been away from home already nearly four years now. Times change, places change, people change.
Amazing how Christmas time brings everyone back together again.

My Christmas 2011:
Made raw chocolate with hardly any success. (it's the thought that counts, right?)
Ate well. Nearly had the courage to sit on Santa's lap. Received a few gifts - Santa really does love to give, doesn't he. (this year he had taken the price tags off ;)
Had a really loving laugh with relatives as grandpa told his legendary squirrel story without teeth.
For once attended the midnight Christmas church with friends.
Enjoyed the little snow we got, but mostly the global warming (gosh +7 degrees, seriously?).
Found number 12 in the car register plate game.
Won 1€ in a scratch. Bought at least 5.
And finally completed a promise I made during Christmas 2007, and it feels so, so good.

Also, I saw friends I hadn't seen in two years or more. And I saw many. All gathered up in the local club last night for the traditional dance of December 25th. Though I feel bars and Christmas don't really go hand in hand, I'm happy that I made an exception this year.
My quick pop by at 11pm lasted till 3am. Quick indeed.


The snow has melted now, it is still very warm and the storm we had has settled. If this weather is to continue, I expect mushrooms in no time. Only last year we were fighting the cold and trying to cope with the snow, having our fingers crossed that the flights would get us home for Christmas. One year and a 30degree difference. Insane.

I guess I have to dig out my bikini for New Years as the Onepiece will be a melter in the +12C London weather.

How was your Christmas 2011? Hope you enjoyed it as much as me!


Hearts,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment