Thursday, December 8, 2011

Who needs jägerbombs when you have CSS hot bombs?


Sooo, this week has been kind of mental.

Starting off with little troubles of getting back to London continuing to sweet Swedish melodies of I Break Horses, and going on to the 'tired of being sexy' life: CSS.
Yes, CSS is short for Cansei de Ser Sexy which means 'I'm tired of being sexy'-

Two very different kind of gigs, and to pack it all up for the week - tomorrow it's time for something even more different as I go check out what former Spice Girl, Mel C, has to give to her audience.

But back to the essential: CSS !!


Warm up act: Yadi. 


The crowd going MENTAL as CSS step on the stage! 

Needless to say that the gig was total ah-mazingness? Awesome with a bigbigbig A. 
Singer Luísa 'Lovefoxxx' steps on stage with brown curly hair, all the band dressed up PUNK n ROCK.
I think to myself 'what the heck is going on?'

The last time I saw this band perform by pure accident. Supporting Gwen Stefani in Finland 2007. Dressed up in colors. Oh so bright, oh so many colors. That's how I remembered them.
I can't say that my presence at this CSS gig was truly intentioned, either.

The story follows...
One day at work misses Jaleh decides to attend a competition where to win 2 tickets to the CSS gig. Without telling me about her plans she enters. A moment later I see a notification on Facebook pop up. Well, well, what do we have here - a tag. Miss Jaleh has entered the competition by stating she should win tickets for her and me as my music taste needs to be improved upon.
...and so she wins the tickets, though I could say I have other thoughts about the argument she gave.

...and the 7th of December comes. Time to go to the gig.
My energy level dropping to zero: lack of sleep, my body really wanting me to go home and sleep after work.
But. I hadn't stepped on my board for the whole weekend, so I saw the light as I got the idea of longboarding to the gig. And so I did.


'From all the drugs the one I like more is music,
From all the junks the one I need more is music,
From all the boys the one I take home is music,
From all the ladies the one I kiss is music'

The girls, and guys, rocked the stage.
What could we see?
Limbo, crowdsurfing twice, mental moves, ginger spice (drummer dressed in a Britain's flag tee), jumping, microphone swings, tattoos, undressing, wipping wigs and energy just flow, flow, flow.
What could we hear?
All the best. The hit and hot songs, songs that just make you want to break free, energy again and the voices of true entertainers. What jokers!

'Who needs to wake up early tomorrow? ... You guys are winners! Not the sausage! As in winners winners, not wieners!'
-Lovefoxxx

Next time the band hits the same city as me I can be found from the front of the stage, middle centered, dancing with moves as funky as Lovefoxxx's, jumping around forming a friendly pit and crowdsurfing with my longboard. Lovefoxxx, will you join?


As the gig was about to reach the end we amongst the rest of the audience were cheering away. Clapping, lifting our hands up, whistling and shouting. As if that was enough.
'Where's your longboard? Life it up!!!'
And so we are noticed.

The venue, Heaven, empties and me and Jaleh stay dancing to the music and decide to go down see if anyone from the band was there. And yes there was. Luiza comes to us hugging and asking to join backstage. Of course we join and go thank all the girls and guys for an amazing show, an amazing night.
We find out their bassist is Swedish - obviously I get excited and spend a long moment chatting with him and his friend in Swedish. (yes, I love the language)
We find out the band's tour manager and drummer are also into longboarding + skating and had mr. tour manager had board with him - obviously Jaleh and I get excited and spend a long moment with them talking with them about this and that.

Backstage full of friendly, friendly, lovely girls and guys.

And before hitting it back home, Jaleh and I snap a few shots on the stage. Haven't longboarded on one before! ;-)

A heavenly experience?
Though seeing CSS before, it didn't really kick in at the time. I guess I was too excited for Gwen's show!
Now all I can do is thank Jaleh, or should I say myself and my 'bad music taste' ;), for this experience. Probably not hard to guess who I've been listening to all day at work? And no, Mel C is wrong. 

The girls put on a crazy live show that I recommend ANYONE to go see. No matter what kind of music you are into, what age you are - it's made for you. Energy. Energybombs. CSS bombs.


 <3
Linda
__________
Pictures from Jaleh Ashtiani, edits by me
except for the 1st picture + crowd surfing ones


PS: Click here for one more photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment