Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thames festival


Now that I'm done with posting about the far past, lets come a bit closer in time to the weekend of the Thames Festival

The festival took place during Saturday and Sunday 10.-11.9.

Saturday I left unattended but on Sunday I walked all the way from home to the Temple station via a sightseeing friendly detour.

Is it just me or do others also think London Bridge is much lamer than Tower Bridge? In my opinion London Bridge should be so much more amazing, cooler, bigger, special and prettier! After all, it does have so many songs named after/dedicated to/about it. Are there songs about the more beautiful bridge, Tower Bridge?

Recognize?

When I got to the Temple, Jaleh was waiting there with her friends. Giving me the London Eye. Ha ha ha!

But what did we actually go for?
On Sunday the festival ended with a carnival and huge firework show. All really impressive!

The carnival was long and lasted for ages! People were dancing and shakin' like crazy in the smallest clothes as I was standing stiff like a true Finn and shaking of coldness. And I was yet clothed! A few really impressive decorations passed by, as well as cutest little kids dancing what not from salsa to hiphop.

The fireworks were gorgeous. Maybe now I don't have to go to see the New Years fireworks because this event surely made me feel like it already were NYE.
And I have to say that photographing the fireworks was even more than watching them. Have to say, though pictured by myself, that the picture above is just crazy-cool! The colors, details, leaf bordering...magical. One of my favorite shots so far. How do you like it?

The Thames Festival would have been full of all kinds of events and all kinds of cultures attending and creating it, but my debut time was fairly poor. If you happen to be around in London next time it's on, do go have a look at what there is to offer. As I took the Apostles ride to the city I passed various interesting stalls and acts.

Now time for bed, so I'll be all energetic in the morning as we go buy Jaleh something exciting from Camden!

xo
Linda

PS. As updating+creating a Facebook blog account seems to be a blogger trend - I just created a one for L2L. Soo, please do click 'Like' on this page if you fancy! Cheers! xxx
(https://www.facebook.com/livetolinda)

No comments:

Post a Comment